Trail Building Guide. v.2

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Trail Building Guide. v.2
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
kurtis178 wrote:
ya this is a sweet guid but on guid 3 you could put ideas on how to build frames for jumps and drops

okay thanks for that, i probably will soon.

but if a mod or someone with the powers please delete all the people who felt it nessasary to quote the entire thing and say "sick" please shorten it or something? or if you did that edit your post please Big Grin .

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
Here this link was in the guide and it was on the old pinkbike so I brought it back https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=9503

Also great guide dude!

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
hey! i just thought i would pos t something

if you are using fallen trees, chances arem that bugs and stuff have laid eggs in them of have gotten into them, and that they have collteted mositure and may rot faster. what i would suggest, it to take a 2 handled skinner, and peel the bark, sp the bug dont hide under it and eat it...if you think that it ruins the naturalness of ur traill, maybe just skin the sides that people cant see I.e the top( were the rungs are) the bottom, the side so that it dosent rot faster...this is my personal opinion and ones that most of my family members (uncles) have given me... think its a good idea, let me kno...p.s i have my trai; pics in my profile, in my albums,or whatever, you can look at my traisl( so far) and notice i skineed them

also, what i do it the treese in between my drop, i am going to put like a chain, and on out property is a no tresspassing sign, so if kids try to givr over it, with out our permission, they will get sclose lined Razz

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
backflip101 wrote:

if you are using fallen trees, chances arem that bugs and stuff have laid eggs in them of have gotten into them, and that they have collteted mositure and may rot faster. what i would suggest, it to take a 2 handled skinner, and peel the bark, sp the bug dont hide under it and eat it...if you think that it ruins the naturalness of ur traill, maybe just skin the sides that people cant see I.e the top( were the rungs are) the bottom, the side so that it dosent rot faster...this is my personal opinion and ones that most of my family members (uncles) have given me... think its a good idea, let me kno...p.s i have my trai; pics in my profile, in my albums,or whatever, you can look at my traisl( so far) and notice i skineed them

also, what i do it the treese in between my drop, i am going to put like a chain, and on out property is a no tresspassing sign, so if kids try to givr over it, with out our permission, they will get sclose lined Razz

yeah thats a good idea. i'll be sure to include that in the next version.

thanks!

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
odin333 wrote:
backflip101 wrote:

yeah thats a good idea. i'll be sure to include that in the next version.

thanks!

yay! thanks for saying so, im not sure, but i skined al the way around my treese, it may not look like... natural, it will but it wont, at first, but it will stop rotting, and after a while it will get darker

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
super good guide, i used it like 20 times when i was building my trail

thanks!

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
nice one man helped me alot with my trail ill try get some pics up just finished hip jump kicker and cleared out room for another berm so i can have 'S' berms

plus ive got perfect location, not far from walking path but ive had trail for 2 months and none of its been touched cos its so well hidden

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
thanks. but since when are you joined on pinkbike? you don't even have a bike.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
odin333 wrote:
thanks. but since when are you joined on pinkbike? you don't even have a bike.
nah old accont got banned as i replied to spammer and i couldnt be assed uploading pics but ive got a couple up and a vid of my trail!

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
this is amazin. u shud include a section on making table tops into doubles tho. much needed for kids r age coz after you cn do a table top then its time for maaking it a double. ur a legend dude

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
alright i think i might put that in.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
u should include that rocks make better ramps and landings cuz if u land short u might end up like meCry

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
and also what about makin quarter pipes im lookin to build 1 and i dont have a clue how to start

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
Oh Jeeze, Im not sure, Ive never built one of those!

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
http://video.mpora.com/watch/asBP3pRPq/
there u go for people who wana build somethin like that and make it longer and u have a quarter pipe. im gona go build now

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.176467
Mobile Version of Website