Help! looking for a dh saddle

PB Forum :: Downhill
Help! looking for a dh saddle
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 18:52 Quote
hi, im looking for a new dh saddle but dont know what the heck to get. i need some ideas on brand/models and where to get em. black is prefered color, thanks

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 19:05 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
hi, im looking for a new dh saddle but dont know what the heck to get. i need some ideas on brand/models and where to get em. black is prefered color, thanks

tioga spdyer d is a awesum saddle. way better then my old sdg seat

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 19:27 Quote
get something light and cheep. (rodie saddle work well) you hardly ever sit on a DH bike so save some weight and get something that won't get in the way when you're shifting your weight

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 19:34 Quote
ok thanks. any other suggestions?

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 19:45 Quote
BMX saddles work awesome. they look funny but they're lightweight, they're cheap, and they're easy to manouver around. I have an Odyssey Senior 2 that i like

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 19:52 Quote
what do u guys think about the funn rl? i cant find any in stock anywhere... but i like em

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 4:18 Quote
Cheap and heavy but comfy are WTB Speed V and Laser V.
If comfort doesn't matter I really do like the idea of running a BMX saddle, they are cheap and they are light (eg Velo BMX saddle weighs 200g and is something like 1/4 of the price of the WTB Devo which would weigh in the same).

I ordered a nice looking Velo BMX saddle for my DH bike (one mentioned above). But about a day after I decided to sell the DH rig and just have a multi purpose hardtail. Anyway when the saddle arrived it was smaller than I expected and it was pretty much rock hard. It turned ok because my Son liked it so I swapped him out for the more padded saddle off his BMX! Either would have been fine for DH but neither of them are that great for longer pedally rides. Ahh well, guess I'll have to suck up the extra 200g and get another Speed V because it's the comfiest I've found to date...wish WTB made a ligher version of it!

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 4:48 Quote
Yea I was looking at the web devo too

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 5:07 Quote
ive just got a Pro vanderham saddle(made by shimano) and love it. allows great manuerverabilty, just the right amount of padding and weighs in at 230 grams light!
if your after a race,featherlite saddle,go for the pro atherton saddle or a sdg ti-fly,both under 200grams but obviously with a padding sacrifice.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 6:35 Quote
edit: double posted.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 6:36 Quote
I'm very pleased with my Bontrager RL seat. Really light, thin, and narrow. It doesn't feel that bad to sit on either. I believe they come in black too.

photo

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 8:32 Quote
Awesome thanks guys ill check em out

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 8:33 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
I'm very pleased with my Bontrager RL seat. Really light, thin, and narrow. It doesn't feel that bad to sit on either. I believe they come in black too.

photo
hey sick bike by the way dude

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 8:48 Quote
This worked great for me.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/SA275A00-The+Dh+Saddle+10.aspx

I just wanted something that didn´t get in the way and for cheap.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 22:45 Quote
i really like my SDG bel air saddle. pretty light at 210g but i have the ibeam model so i don't know if you would want to get a new seat post to.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032661
Mobile Version of Website