Help! looking for a dh saddle

PB Forum :: Downhill
Help! looking for a dh saddle
Mod
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 16:34 Quote
The SDG Bel-Air RL with the Chromo rails is $75. It is 325 grams so it isn't too heavy but it isn't the lightest either. Comes in a bunch of different colors and prints.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 17:15 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The SDG Bel-Air RL with the Chromo rails is $75. It is 325 grams so it isn't too heavy but it isn't the lightest either. Comes in a bunch of different colors and prints.
cool thanks

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:15 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
slyfox wrote:
A stripped SLR weighs 106g.

If you had a Carbonio it may... But that's doubtful on any of their other models. I'mma call bluff on your statement there.

The SLR carbonio is light enough as is, at 135g (real, not claimed), just about enough padding to keep your arse from going numb and little enough for it to never get in the way, with no sharp edges to tear yourself on.

However, the Teknoligika is much better looking, better wearing and slightly lighter, it's not really worth twice the price to have the padding glued further in instead of wrapped and stapled.
photo
My bad I'm an idiot.

Mod
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:17 Quote
That's not an SLR.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:20 Quote
Crap. Sorry I'm an idiot. I meant to say I-Fly originally. Totally my bad, sorry guys. Redface

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:24 Quote
ha ok... well im not gonna be racing, and i have a bighit that weighs about 40lbs, so im not to concerned with weight. not enough to strip a seat down like that. but thanks for all the input

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
Light, Comfy, Cheap. Pick two.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:36 Quote
slyfox wrote:
what do u mean? pick two?

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:38 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
slyfox wrote:
You can only pick two of the 3 choices,

It's a variation of the Keith Bontrager quote, "Cheap, light, strong. Pick two"

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:40 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
slyfox wrote:
You can only pick two of the 3 choices,

It's a variation of the Keith Bontrager quote, "Cheap, light, strong. Pick two"
Haha yeah.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 6:42 Quote
SDG ti-fly c. same as ti-fly but with slightly more padding and only adding a few grams. c standing for comfort Smile

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 6:50 Quote
i like the bel air for xc/trail riding,but not for DH due to its weight,width and most of all the slight whale tail rear which does'nt allow to move behind the saddle as easily as a flater,rounder rear of the saddle.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 6:50 Quote
Take a look at the sunline V1. Its a tad expensive but it weighs f-all and looks awesome.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 6:56 Quote
adam-cuthbertson wrote:
Take a look at the sunline V1. Its a tad expensive but it weighs f-all and looks awesome.
as previosly used by the athertons.i think they have stopped making these now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015768
Mobile Version of Website