Kona Stinky Dee-luxe 08 or Specialized Demo 7 1 2008?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Stinky Dee-luxe 08 or Specialized Demo 7 1 2008?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 8:11 Quote
Hi,

I d like to know what do you guys think about those 2 bikes. I can get the stinky for 3500 and the demo7 3300. I don't know wich one shoul I get? I know the stinky have a better fork the 66 rc3 and the demo rcv? I want a solid freeride bike good for dh, freeride, jumps, shore etc... Does anyone tried both....

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 11:01 Quote
i'm a Kona FAN! so go with the 2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe.... ALL THE WAY!! no QUESTIONS ASKED!

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 11:05 Quote
The specialized has much better suspension to it. A real suspension design. The Kona basically has a single pivot linkage. Demo for sure.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 11:06 Quote
demo all the way, love um dey are so nice, and konas are very common

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 11:08 Quote
both are great, but i think that the kona is more free ride oriented, while the demo is more downhill but still a beast a freeride. for one bike to do it all id say the demo, but you can climb much better with the stinky, so if you have to climb, id go with the stinky hope it helps tup Beer and have fun, both are amazing bikes

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 11:13 Quote
go with the demo i have never had a bad experience riding a specialized, which is the opposite rgarding my kona (couldnt corner to save itself)

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 18:09 Quote
get the demo! the stinky is overrated. i own a specialized big hit and i luv it

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 18:14 Quote
demos suck. dont get one

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 18:32 Quote
escobar24 wrote:
demos suck. dont get one

any reasons for that, or are you just mouthing?

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:
escobar24 wrote:
demos suck. dont get one

any reasons for that, or are you just mouthing?

ya i kno people with them and they all suck

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 4:03 Quote
Ive been looking at those bikes also, not entirely sure which to go for.

One of the big differances is the demo has a 1.5" steerer, while the stinky has a 1 1/8th. Not sure how big of a differance this is?

It also seems that the demo's frame is a good bit bigger, e.g. the smallest demo has a seat tube of 17" while the stinky is 15.5" (i think) which would probably make it a good bit more flickable?

And posts like "demo's suck" aint really particulary useful.

Maybe something like they suck because they dont corner well due to....

OR the built quality is poor etc.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 6:44 Quote
i found my kona to be the BIGGEST waste of my money ever. it corners like garbage, it has the worst brake jack on the planet and it is the most back heavy bike ive ever lifted. the demo on the other hand has the best manuelling ability of any fully ive tried, it corners like a beast, has a 1.5 headtube, better components, and is an alround better bike

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 7:46 Quote
Can you put a front mech on it, or is one single ring only?

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 9:58 Quote
Yeah you guys just confirm my choice...the demo 7 will be the perfect choice for me.I am going to by it next week and wait for next year. Thank you and if youy have any more comments feel free.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011637
Mobile Version of Website