Fox 40's or boxxers ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox 40's or boxxers ?
Posted: Jan 12, 2011 at 14:14 Quote
hodge357 wrote:
Yo,

So I have had my 2010 Boxxer Team for about 3 months now. My verdict is that it is absolute shit. RS can't get the bloody thing right from the factory. For instance, I have heard more complaints and technical issues with new new Boxxers than i have when Tenneco bought Marzocchi and moved its manufacturing to SR Sun Tour. For those of you who don't know, the most frequent issues from factory are as follows: Not getting full travel due to the dualflow rebound (Boxxer Race), dampeners are over filled with oil (Mission Control DH), Mission Control Dampeners adjustments were backwards (hard would be soft, vice versa), ect...

When you compare this to a Fox 40, The fox 40 wins hands down. I had my 40RC2 last season and had zero issues. In a year I replaced my seals once, and i replaced the Oil and re-greased the seals every few weeks.

Performance wise, I have found that after bracketing my Boxxer team it still has terrible small bump sensitivity and is quite harsh on square edge hits. It feels like it constantly want to be at full travel. Maybe its just the spring rate, but i have my doubts. I'm 225 running a stock red spring meant for someone who is 150. However I will buy the Air cap and solo air cartridge and give that a chance. Also I will possibly replace the 5wt oil for 2wt to see if that helps in any regards.

I Hope this was helpful

Cheers

I think my teams have the Hi/lo speed the wrong way around... Nearly as bad as apple putting the volume controls the wrong way around on the iPhone 4

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 at 15:39 Quote
hahah yea i know but i think the forks are pretty equal. I know the boxxer wc is lighter but the fox looks sweet idk i think its just whatever you like.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017835
Mobile Version of Website