The Cyclocross Thread

PB Forum :: 29ers
The Cyclocross Thread
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 13:31 Quote
vengeance111 wrote:
but surley if you want to go off road get a mountain bike and if you want to go on road get a road bike
i mean you cant really push those bikes (drops, downhills)

You would be absolutely floored at how some folks shred on cross bikes. I was.

A.

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 13:59 Quote
Just watch this and tell me it doesn't look like stupid fun...

https://vimeo.com/11695455

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 14:21 Quote
nathanbalsdon wrote:
Just watch this and tell me it doesn't look like stupid fun...

https://vimeo.com/11695455

That was the exact video I was thinking of also. I watched this and then started building a cross bike the next day. He has serious skills and serious fun.

A.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 8:11 Quote
That guy had some serious skill!

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 9:30 Quote
Makes me want a cross bike again.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 17:53 Quote
So the UCI lifted the ban of disc brakes for Cyclocross, which means there should be some cool things coming out in the next bit. Shimano put the pressure on the UCI, so they likely have some hydro-drop levers in the works and sram says they are working on something...... Its about damn time

read the whole story here......
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/uci-allows-disc-brakes-for-cyclo-cross-26660

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 18:09 Quote
I don't see why they were banned in the first place, all they do is slow you down.

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 8:02 Quote
Anyone had experience with the Fuji cross bikes, looking to buy one soon.

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
Lets bring this thread back to life!! Its that time of year again!

A couple videos that get me pumped to ride cross!

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 at 1:46 Quote
Awesome! Salute Cross Vegas line-up released today too. Few more pictures of peoples rides and races they're entering would be good.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 20:57 Quote
Cross season starts next week for us in Calgary. I can't wait - I am a newb. Gonna get my ass handed to me!

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 20:58 Quote
madd-matt wrote:
Awesome! Salute Cross Vegas line-up released today too. Few more pictures of peoples rides and races they're entering would be good.

World Championships in Kentucky next year too! I am spectating that.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 7:35 Quote
lewdvig wrote:
madd-matt wrote:

World Championships in Kentucky next year too! I am spectating that.

Thats awesome that they are in the states next year! All the euros will have to travel for once ahah.

Cross season starts for me in less than 2 weeks! Smile

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2010 at 2:51 Quote
stoked on CX season this year.. I had a mechanical on the start line at nationals last year and I still manager to climb back to 21st place.. I want to try and make a statement this year even though I mover up to U23..

And I have a 2011 Specialized Cruix Pro Carbon on the way.. should be here next week..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016424
Mobile Version of Website