Six pack?

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 at 4:23 Quote
i heard that drinking ice cold water in the morning speeds up ur motabilisum and burn of calories and helps you lose weight?

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 at 4:47 Quote
laurencethorpe wrote:
i heard that drinking ice cold water in the morning speeds up ur motabilisum and burn of calories and helps you lose weight?

Yeah technically correct but its minimal so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for it.

Skipping is hard work but I wouldn't put too much effort into jogging etc. If you must run do short high intensity blasts. Depends if you want the physique of a marathon runner or sprinter???

The body is really only designed to run in times of need such as running to the next village to warn of an invasion etc. The more you run the more efficient you become (like a ford fiesta) so the more you need to run further and longer to hit the same hights. You need to become inefficient in that you burn fuel all day long like a porsche. To do this pack on lean tissue, not suggesting you become the next arnie but muscle is metabolic and as such needs energy to power it.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 3:18 Quote
Access wrote:
Hi.

me and a girle bet og that I could get six pack in eight weeks, I wansen't so smart when I said OK. But I really have to win this!

So any tips how to get six pack fast and effective? and do I have to get a whole new diet to make it?

- Access

PS: I am really sorry for bad English!

You already have a six pack, lose weight, if you are eating cakes and MC Ds, then you are going to have to make a new diet.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 12:49 Quote
billycraig wrote:
laurencethorpe wrote:

Yeah technically correct but its minimal so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for it.

Skipping is hard work but I wouldn't put too much effort into jogging etc. If you must run do short high intensity blasts. Depends if you want the physique of a marathon runner or sprinter???

The body is really only designed to run in times of need such as running to the next village to warn of an invasion etc. The more you run the more efficient you become (like a ford fiesta) so the more you need to run further and longer to hit the same hights. You need to become inefficient in that you burn fuel all day long like a porsche. To do this pack on lean tissue, not suggesting you become the next arnie but muscle is metabolic and as such needs energy to power it.

How is running 3 minutes, walking 1, for about 35 minutes, and covering about 6 km? Is that decent training? Or would a different workout plan be better? (not necessarily to get a 6 pack, but more to generally get fit and strengthen my heart)

I ask this here because I don't want to start a whole new thread about it.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 12:50 Quote
Dude do skipping for half an hour straight best cardio, that's why boxers do it.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 12:52 Quote
Yeah I know, skipping is friggin ridiculous. Although, I just enjoy running more, which is probably more important.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 12:52 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
billycraig wrote:
laurencethorpe wrote:

How is running 3 minutes, walking 1, for about 35 minutes, and covering about 6 km? Is that decent training? Or would a different workout plan be better? (not necessarily to get a 6 pack, but more to generally get fit and strengthen my heart)

I ask this here because I don't want to start a whole new thread about it.

Yeah its more intense. Why not grab a weight, say a kettlebell and build a 20 minute circuit. Lift that for 60 seconds, rest for 30 etc then as you get fitter shorten the rest periods. Takes less time, and also doesn't have the impact on your knees.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 12:53 Quote
Well no point really road running kills your knees. try something different. But yeah it depends what you want, a long distance runners build or a sprinters?

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 12:55 Quote
snaple wrote:
Dude do skipping for half an hour straight best cardio, that's why boxers do it.

i did box for 1 yr and skippin is very good

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 12:56 Quote
I've heard tonnes of times while looking up running, that running only kills your knees if you land on the back of your foot (which is completely wrong form), if you land on the balls of your feet it's much better in that the foot is a natural shock absorber, and it's actually designed to run like that. I've also heard that it increases bone density.

I'm not necessarily worried about time, more about overall effectiveness. (I've heard that under 20 doesn't help your heart, over 40 starts burning muscle, etc)

Runners are less likely to get knee problem than non runners.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 13:21 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
I've heard tonnes of times while looking up running, that running only kills your knees if you land on the back of your foot (which is completely wrong form), if you land on the balls of your feet it's much better in that the foot is a natural shock absorber, and it's actually designed to run like that. I've also heard that it increases bone density.

I'm not necessarily worried about time, more about overall effectiveness. (I've heard that under 20 doesn't help your heart, over 40 starts burning muscle, etc)

Runners are less likely to get knee problem than non runners.

I treat a lot of runners in my clinic for lots of problems. We are designed to run for emergency purposes etc but we are only designed to run barefoot. Add in a high heal or air pads and the strike pattern becomes completly different. If you love running do it. 20 mins not helping your heart is a bit random, depends who you are, what condition your in, meds etc

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 13:31 Quote
Just what I've heard. You need to do about 20 minutes or more to actually benefit your heart (I guess at a significant enough level that would be worth the exercise?).

I don't over/under pronate and I land on the forefoot so i don't think I'll mess up my knees too bad any time soon.

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 16:02 Quote
leg lifts every day, ab work machines at the gym

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035915
Mobile Version of Website