Cedric Gracia to ride Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Downhill
Cedric Gracia to ride Santa Cruz
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 11:57 Quote
timrippeth wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:
something that sponsors are aware of

its often NOT the "best" (i.e. #1 podium guy) racer that gets the coverage, but a rider who has both SKILL and something to SAY (in other words, a "character")

many fast riders who win races, have a bland personality when it comes to media coverage - stick them in front of a camera, and they don't inspire as they are 'boring'

but a guy like Gracia, he is a 'character' and an inspirational rider, he won't win everything, but he has his fans as he is flamboyant and interesting

Well said. CG is a great ambassador for the sport. His style and personality are, most likely, one of the big reasons why he has such an extensive sponsor list supporting his Brigade.

Yeah exactly, he's the man, sam hill is really really skilled but has no where near as cool a personality as CG (:

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
dirty sanchez...classic

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 15:31 Quote
I've always thought Cedric was an amazing rider and one of the most fun to watch pros along with Brendan Fairclough and people like JD Swanguen who mix racing with trails and freeriding.

And Anster, Sam does have his own very funny sense of humour, he's just not as loud and flamboyant as CG.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
something that sponsors are aware of

its often NOT the "best" (i.e. #1 podium guy) racer that gets the coverage, but a rider who has both SKILL and something to SAY (in other words, a "character")

many fast riders who win races, have a bland personality when it comes to media coverage - stick them in front of a camera, and they don't inspire as they are 'boring'

but a guy like Gracia, he is a 'character' and an inspirational rider, he won't win everything, but he has his fans as he is flamboyant and interesting
Yea man, like honestly sam hill is the most monotone guy ever in interviews.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 23:04 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

a guy like Gracia, he is a 'character' and an inspirational rider, he won't win everything, but he has his fans as he is flamboyant and interesting

Absolutely agree. If you ask a person with a casual knowledge of downhill who he remembers, it's not going to be the fastest guy, but the guy who's most memorable and most interesting.

I know for sure that Gracia is one of the more memorable DH personalities I know of.

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 3:40 Quote
One could imagine how raucous it would be if he joined the Syndicate.

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
crashin wrote:
One could imagine how raucous it would be if he joined the Syndicate.
i think he would drag them down screwing around too much.

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 13:10 Quote
Possible but I can just remember at that world cup, a drunken Bryceland, Peaty and Minaar. It was hilaroius and with Gracia, god knows what would happen.

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 23:03 Quote
Cedric is one of the raddest people that i have had the pleasure to meet. i have met him twice and on the second time (a year later), he remember who i was! haha. he is a legend and an ambassador to the sport.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 9:57 Quote
I am excited to see Cedric rallying the Rampage on a V-10 this Fall. Santa Cruz will gain much from paertnering with him. Dude oozes charisma.

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 at 10:48 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs484.ash1/26508_1448469490880_1207470352_1345626_4318164_n.jpg
Straight from Facebook

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012739
Mobile Version of Website