Damn stoned Canadians!!!

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 10:25 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
Irony?
Nah, he got to keep the medal. Win!!

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
Looks like Sterl will be shooting it

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 11:06 Quote
I'm looking forward to it, winter olympics are always more fun to watch on TV than the summer ones.

I remember that Aussie guy in the skating too, was brilliant. What about that old women who did luge (can't remember where she was from) who like went straight into a corner instead of turning and like flipped up in the air?

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 11:53 Quote
t3rr1 wrote:
I enjoy that all the athletes are failing drug testing.

no Canadians though. The German bob-sled team might have a problem though because apparently they use magnetic skis or something on the sleds.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
Did anyone hear about Georgian hopeful Nodar Kumaritashvili, flying off a 270 degree turn at 90mph and dying? That's really sad.. RIP.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 13:49 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Luge fatality at the olympic practice. Warning, that link is a wee bit graphic, the dude dies. You've been warned.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/02/13/alg_luge_accident_nodar.jpgRIP. (144.3 km/h when he went down. Damn)

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
why would you have solid steel poles next to the fastest bit of track ? !!!

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
bigquotesI think the organisers arranged this 'accident' to try and increase viewing figures, because no one cares about the Winter Olympics.

People piss me off. This was a guy on Ultimate Guitar. Needless to say he's getting the shit ripped out of him.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 16:06 Quote
snook wrote:
bigquotesI think the organisers arranged this 'accident' to try and increase viewing figures, because no one cares about the Winter Olympics.

People piss me off. This was a guy on Ultimate Guitar. Needless to say he's getting the shit ripped out of him.
Git sum!! Just think What Would RLN Do???

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 17:09 Quote
this may come out in a bad way but:

i personally think its worse that he was young, like i dont think i would be saddened by it as much if he was like twice as old.

cos come on, he was 21 and he was about to represent his country in what is the biggest event there is(pretty much) for the sports concerned, so i bet he put a hell of a lot of effort into it. he was also really nervous at the top and just before he started he said to the officials that he was really scared about it.

R.I.P Nodar Kumaritashvili

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 3:25 Quote
What I don't understand is why make the that corner so deadly if you (as the track designer)know if would be hard, very hard. I read somewhere 4 other people have crashed badly on that same corner, one woman had to be airlifted out apparently..

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 3:38 Quote
frank-dave wrote:
What I don't understand is why make the that corner so deadly if you (as the track designer)know if would be hard, very hard. I read somewhere 4 other people have crashed badly on that same corner, one woman had to be airlifted out apparently..

They didn't know it was going to be 'deadly'. It's just that people are going down the track at record breaking speeds that seem to be causing these problems. Though the FIL has marked this track as safe before hand, and after this accident...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008700
Mobile Version of Website