E-13 LG1+ Compatability with 2009 Norco Shore 1

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
E-13 LG1+ Compatability with 2009 Norco Shore 1
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 4:00 Quote
preston-rider wrote:
they are 1 1/8th because i want to run my sunline dh stem. and the steerer is long enough.

If your happy do it as there a piece of piss to look after and change oil on.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 3:20 Quote
Out of interest, what length steerer do you need for the 40's? I've got a spare lower crown and steerer ya see but its already been cut down as it was off my Session 88 but they have a long head tube so you might get away with it.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 8:55 Quote
just sold my 40s bought some domain 318 180mm fork, and the lower crown wouldnt have had enough steerer tube for my norco :/

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 14:24 Quote
how long is this steer tube, cos your add sais it has a 225mm and thats HUGE?

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 14:37 Quote
mojoloz wrote:
how long is this steer tube, cos your add sais it has a 225mm and thats HUGE?
It is pretty big! I just got a brand new lower crown from Mojo and I think the uncut steerer on that was 270mm.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 14:41 Quote
yh, that norco must be somthing stupid or just not got a zero stack in?

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 15:07 Quote
What size frame is it? According to the Norco web site the head tube length is either 125mm, 130mm or 135mm for a small, medium or large. At worst that will leave 90mm. the top crown on 40's is about 15mm (?, guessing at that, can't be arsed to go to the garage to measure mine!) so that should then leave about 70mm. What's the stack height of your headset?

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 15:09 Quote
not mine, supreme riders, bit iffy tbh.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 15:28 Quote
mojoloz wrote:
not mine, supreme riders, bit iffy tbh.
Yeah I know, its Preston-Riders bike. Should have really quoted him to avoid confusion.

Just re-read my last post and realised it might should like I'm doubting ya, I'm not just can't understand how the steerer is too short. Big Grin

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 15:39 Quote
same about the steer, btw have you been scratchmere?

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 15:45 Quote
mojoloz wrote:
same about the steer, btw have you been scratchmere?
Yeah a few times, unfortunately I, or anyone else for that matter, won't be going again though. Cry

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 15:52 Quote
oh my bad, i ment settmurpthy Smile

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
philw86 wrote:
preston-rider wrote:
i tried different chainring bolts so that didnt work, im going to file down my kcnc bolts by 1mm and that should do it. and then the chainring will work on the appropriate side

I would try Method #1 for now (chainline issue aside) and run it for now, as you have everything you need to get the bike running. In the future, think about going to either the Truvativ setup or an 83mm crankset with Raceface adapter kit (83mm Atlas FR + THIS RF ADAPTER KIT).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

I checked that out as im in the market for a new crankset, and that reduces 83mm to 68/73mm is there an adaptor to do this vice-versa or can this be done with the adaptor but in a different way.

matt

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 at 15:52 Quote
preston-rider wrote:
hi, only just got online, the chainguide is setup and fully functional no rub or grinding. as a technical note for phil: i used no black spacers, i had to use the iscg adaptor has one of my bb spacers are missing (but there is one on the left side), i used approx 3mm of spindle spacers, and filed down my chainring bolts by 3mm to fit the chainring on the other side.

photo

thank you to all that helped. phil, i will check out the raceface adaptor, as i will be getting 83mm raceface atlas fr crankset in tooth blue.

Hey preston-rider: I'm thinking of going for that exact chainguide/crank set up. I'm curious if you had to grind down the granny ring tabs? I'm thinking I would like to try 1x10, but incase I don't like it I would want to be able to convert back to a regular two/three ring setup. Thanks!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020782
Mobile Version of Website