Tips for freaking out

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Tips for freaking out
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 9:09 Quote
chicks don't dig scars... I was stabbed by a tree riding dh-internal stitcing and all, and they practically run away at the sight of it... its not even that bad lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 9:11 Quote
Hixee wrote:
bieng serious, follow somone who can do it over the jumps. it allows you to judje speed really easily, just make sure they dont cock it up
Good advice, i went biking with a friend of mine who said he does jumps, now i should have known better when he rolled up to my house on his Wal-Mart Special bike,
anyhow i figured what ever, followed him to the jumps (never been to this particular jumps since they were hidden) and followed him, he totally cased a jump and i consequently smashed into him.
LOL

point being: if you are going to go bike with a friend...

A) make sure that they actually can jump a bike
B) aren't just trying to impress you by going first
C) and they are at least semi competant with their skills and won't make you break your bike...

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 9:13 Quote
D) their bike wont snap at the first sign of a hard landing lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 10:40 Quote
carrerablastrider wrote:
D) their bike wont snap at the first sign of a hard landing lol
True that brotha

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 11:56 Quote
Would this friend happen to bear a striking resemblance to Napoleon Dynamite?

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 12:00 Quote
SupremeDork wrote:
Would this friend happen to bear a striking resemblance to Napoleon Dynamite?
no unfortunately my fellow spokanite, i'm actually good friends with the guy but he said he used to jump alot and sold his BMX so i didn't think much of it initially till he rolled up on his wally-world special lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 12:25 Quote
I remember a friend of mine hitting a little dirt jump and breaking the head tube on his Huffy out at Fairchild (lived there as a kid). He was a nose-diver. LOL

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
Just empty your head, as say 'Its onnnnn!' Thats how i perpair my self rolling into drops and stuff. But i always know whether im skilled enough to land it if you know you are then whats the prob, have confidence bro tup

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
IronHorse-Chris wrote:
Just empty your head, as say 'Its onnnnn!' Thats how i perpair my self rolling into drops and stuff. But i always know whether im skilled enough to land it if you know you are then whats the prob, have confidence bro tup

good mental prep Chris. That's some of the best advice I've read so far. If you think you are going to wreck then you will. Be focused and confident

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 14:46 Quote
urbanassault73 wrote:
IronHorse-Chris wrote:

good mental prep Chris. That's some of the best advice I've read so far. If you think you are going to wreck then you will. Be focused and confident
Thats so true, i noticed when i get sketched out and stop trusting myself for landing or hitting a jump, everything goes wrong. When i say i can do it, typically i do.

What you manifest is before you.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 14:48 Quote
Yes, everyone should follow the motto of "Commit or Eat Shit".

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 14:50 Quote
SupremeDork wrote:
you gotta put a disclaimer on that like...

"commit or eat shit (or still eat shit when you commit)*fine print

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 14:53 Quote
StrictlyBidness wrote:
SupremeDork wrote:
you gotta put a disclaimer on that like...

"commit or eat shit (or still eat shit when you commit)*fine print

I do screen printing and I'm soooo gonna put that on a shirt. That's the best saying ever!

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 15:40 Quote
I cannot take credit for it, but yes I agree, best saying ever! :-D

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
This one hash head says, ross stfu and grow a pair the jumps are fine.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015017
Mobile Version of Website