Best enegy food for before a ride

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Best enegy food for before a ride
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 9:46 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
I find french toast with minimal amounts of syrup will keep you going all day, not sure if it's just me or if it actually does but every time I've had a good feed of french toast with milk to drink I am good to go all day.

That, to me, sounds like one of the most complete energy packages. Simple sugars in the syrup, complex in the bread, eggs for protein, and essential minerals and a bit more protein I. The milk. Throw in a glass of orange juice and you have every food group covered!

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 9:50 Quote
For the morning right before I go riding, I like to start with some eggs and maybe have some sausages or bacon or canadian bacon a bit later. If I'm driving to ride, I usually take a bottle of water and a fig-neuton for the ride over.

For racing, I keep it simple with a peanut butter bagel and a banana in the morning, lots of water on the way there, and then some more water and another banana before the race.

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 at 10:47 Quote
rocky drinks raw eggs so it must do something !

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 at 22:18 Quote
I think the best source of energy is that which your body is already storing.

In practice, to race/ride hard Sunday:
eat little on Friday and Saturday and eat lots on Sunday = okay performance
eat lots on Friday and Saturday and eat little on Sunday = great performance

Always try a new foods or methods during training, not on race day.

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 at 22:23 Quote
chicken sandwich with an apple and a glass of water.

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 at 23:10 Quote
chunkiemonkie wrote:
chicken sandwich with an apple and a glass of water.
f*ck me that sounds good right now!

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 14:13 Quote
what about bananas?? i thourght they were meant to be awsome??!!

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 14:28 Quote
Wadey-UK1 wrote:
what about bananas?? i thourght they were meant to be awsome??!!

Yes they are.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 17:38 Quote
Spaghetti an hour or a little bit before (I could eat pasta for any meal of the day! haha), banana 10 minutes before, snack on some cliff bars during, then a protein shake afterwards. (This is assuming you're going for a pretty long ride lol)

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 18:16 Quote
am allergic to bananas. i usually eat complex carbs the night before a big/long ride as i have a slow metabolism

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 19:13 Quote
Clif bars... they taste good, but good god they give me f*cking uberfarts!

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 19:16 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:

And at costco they cost less than a dollar each. And they're not made with 100000 chemicals which include rat poison and goat piss like other energy bars.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 19:20 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

And at costco they cost less than a dollar each. And they're not made with 100000 chemicals which include rat poison and goat piss like other energy bars.

I usually go for a Big Sur Bar... doesn't give me such bad gas...

Posted: Sep 2, 2010 at 3:16 Quote
I have four eggs then make a smoothie, ingredients:1 banana, 4 strawberries, peanut butter, honey, milk, yogurt, protein powder and a kiwi, try to eat fresh foods, stay away from packaged products. Wait at least 30mins to a hour before you go riding, allow your food to digest properly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015159
Mobile Version of Website