Does anyone know how to remove bike paint/polish the frame?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Does anyone know how to remove bike paint/polish the frame?
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 6:45 Quote
JosX wrote:
sean-s-1991 wrote:
polished to within an inch of its life. it looked like chrome almost. photo taken indoors, so it looked so much better out in the sun Smile

photo
Nice! That's pretty much what my STP looks like in person.

found myself polishing it every month though, as the alu starts to corrode. it was getting a bit grubby in the picture. the bare metal pick up fingerprints like no ones business

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 6:52 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
JosX wrote:
sean-s-1991 wrote:
polished to within an inch of its life. it looked like chrome almost. photo taken indoors, so it looked so much better out in the sun Smile

photo
Nice! That's pretty much what my STP looks like in person.

found myself polishing it every month though, as the alu starts to corrode. it was getting a bit grubby in the picture. the bare metal pick up fingerprints like no ones business
Yeah same, it definitely looses it's shine after a while, although where your legs is way shinier than everywhere else haha.

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 21:51 Quote
After having your frame professionaly polished to an extreme high shine you get powder coated clear protection finish done . They use buffing wheels and compounds to make it bright like chrome plate first. THEN you must have it powder coated with a clear gloss clearcoat specifically made for protecting aluminum polishing. Then you do not have to hand polish it every other ride/race etc. will hold an amazing shine for very long time if not forever. A pc'd clear coat will not chip or fade

Having your logos, custom designs and accents airbrushed or painted on before the clear coat process so they are protected and have same finish as the alum

A new look that is growing on me is neon or bright colors but in flat or matte finish with bare metal accents; either raw or polished. I want to try a heavy pearlized flat white, like 'baloon white' and have high polished raw metal letters, logos, accents. Maybe sum gloss black in there as well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011412
Mobile Version of Website