Marzocchi 888 to Monster

PB Forum :: Downhill
Marzocchi 888 to Monster
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 5:58 Quote
Hello guys, sorry if this has been brought up around here, still i need to check for opinions, i recently got an offer to trade my 888 vf2 '06 for a '04 Monster, i know the pro's and con's but i have to mention that i race my bike and i don't know if the monster is good for racing, i know it is a great freeride/hucking fork but does the weight affect racing performance, like maneuverability and pumping efficiency? I love my 888 but i would like it to be a little "fatter" which it isn't, and since i cant afford a Fox 40 and i don't like the new Zocchi's, a trade for a monster looks reasonable, what do you think? 888's or monster's for a racing guy? I'm happy with my 888's but would like the monsters (i own a demo Cool .

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 7:19 Quote
Titusdh wrote:
Hello guys, sorry if this has been brought up around here, still i need to check for opinions, i recently got an offer to trade my 888 vf2 '06 for a '04 Monster, i know the pro's and con's but i have to mention that i race my bike and i don't know if the monster is good for racing, i know it is a great freeride/hucking fork but does the weight affect racing performance, like maneuverability and pumping efficiency? I love my 888 but i would like it to be a little "fatter" which it isn't, and since i cant afford a Fox 40 and i don't like the new Zocchi's, a trade for a monster looks reasonable, what do you think? 888's or monster's for a racing guy? I'm happy with my 888's but would like the monsters (i own a demo Cool .

You just want bigger stanchions? I guess a Monster might get you there, but I wouldn't see the benefit of this trade otherwise, especially if you're happy with your 888.

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 7:27 Quote
keep 888, monster where so last century!

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 8:43 Quote
If you don't mind the added wieght, the Monster-T was a much plusher fork in my opinion. I truly miss the ride of my old Monster-T.

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 11:08 Quote
Thanks guys, still watching the post for more answers.

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 11:15 Quote
keep the 888, nuff said...

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 11:17 Quote
yeah keep the 888...
this is 2010.. theres no need a for a monster T

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008887
Mobile Version of Website