Dirt jumps, spots around London?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt jumps, spots around London?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 7:00 Quote
hello!this summer I will travel to London to work.I want to know if there is any dirt jump near london can be reached by public transport or bike because I don´t have car.
Sorry about my English I hope you understand
thanks!

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 11:37 Quote
this is 25 minutes from London Waterloo rail station (to Esher, Surrey)

Views: 3,641    Faves: 3    Comments: 2

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 13:43 Quote
Theres loads of street to be ridden in london. Its all good unless you get stabbed or shot... I would stick to central london though...

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 13:59 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Theres loads of street to be ridden in london. Its all good unless you get stabbed or shot... I would stick to central london though...
God, don't worry the man.

Ive only been to London once, when i was 5, so sorry, i cant help. Big Grin

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 14:10 Quote
Dalmando wrote:
tom666 wrote:
God, don't worry the man.

Ive only been to London once, when i was 5, so sorry, i cant help. Big Grin

I'm sure he will be fine Smile

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 14:34 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
this is 25 minutes from London Waterloo rail station (to Esher, Surrey)

Views: 3,641    Faves: 3    Comments: 2
is this a public pumptrack?¿

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 14:50 Quote
is there any dirt jump area closer to london?could i go to chicksads dirt jump area by public transport?where does usually people from london ride?thanls Big Grin

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 1:48 Quote
esher is a public park used on a "pay to play" basis after signing a liability waiver and paying £10 for day pass or £20 for year's membership including the 1st all-day riding session and then £5 for each all-day session after that

because its an insured facility we have certain conditions - all riders must wear helmets, full finger gloves and knee/shin guards, and bikes (24" or 26") must have front and rear brakes, and be in good working order

more info here: www.eshershore.com

there is alot of riding accessible from London by train either North or South:

Chicksands (go from Kings Cross St. Pancras) - this has DJs

Woburn Sands (go from London Euston to Bletchley and then Woburn) - this has DJs

Aston Hill (go from London Euston to Tring, or from Marylebone to Wendover) - DH / 4X

Esher Shore (go from London Waterloo to Esher)- NS and Pump Track

PORC (go from London Bridge to Penshurst) - 4X and DJs

Swinley / Bracknell (go from London Waterloo to Martins Heron or Bracknell) - FR / XC

Pitch Hill / Dorking (go from London Waterloo to Dorking) - XC

there are also lots of free to use public skateparks all over London, and lots of DJs outside of London but most are secret / private

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 7:01 Quote
There is tons of street riding in London. The only way you wont find any is of your blind.
Wandsworth Rings, Westfield, Southbank, Brixton Bowls to name a few.

As for dirt jumps in town, its a bit sparce, or secret.

Chick is ok, but you'll be bored of the jumps in an hour.

Penshurst is dead now. The jumps are f*cked. Everything is half built...I'd really not waste your money.

Wisley is your best bet, but you'll need insurance.

Give me a yell when your over...I'll show you some street in town Smile

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 11:23 Quote
Penshurst is dead now. The jumps are f*cked. Everything is half built...I'd really not waste your money.

thanks for the info

its always hard to keep track of the *condition* of different venues around the S-East

what's the story with PORC?

London has great street, but I'd avoid riding a MTB on street - just my personal opinion

I always take my BMX out on the street and 36 skateparks across greater London Wink

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 11:39 Quote
It hasn't had anyone working there since last summer...

Its had no real maintainance for years.
The DH tracks are a mess, the quarry looks like a bomb site with half the lines un-ridable.

I hear rumour that someone who knows what they are doing has bought into it. I do hope so, and that they can bring it back to its ledgendary, former glory.

TBH, all the time that Mike is insistant that this stupid club house will revive the place, its going to continue to fail.

Wecan live in hope...

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 11:41 Quote
thanks for the update...

TBH, all the time that Mike is insistant that this stupid club house will revive the place, its going to continue to fail

he tried to sell me and my buddies *shares* in the biz last time we went there...

its SUCH a shame, if I got my dirty hands on his venue I would transform it into the sickest facility in the UK - the terrain he has is simply awesome but it needs a HUGE PUSH to get it 100% dialled

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 11:48 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
esher is a public park used on a "pay to play" basis after signing a liability waiver and paying £10 for day pass or £20 for year's membership including the 1st all-day riding session and then £5 for each all-day session after that

because its an insured facility we have certain conditions - all riders must wear helmets, full finger gloves and knee/shin guards, and bikes (24" or 26") must have front and rear brakes, and be in good working order

more info here: www.eshershore.com

there is alot of riding accessible from London by train either North or South:

Chicksands (go from Kings Cross St. Pancras) - this has DJs

Woburn Sands (go from London Euston to Bletchley and then Woburn) - this has DJs

Aston Hill (go from London Euston to Tring, or from Marylebone to Wendover) - DH / 4X

Esher Shore (go from London Waterloo to Esher)- NS and Pump Track

PORC (go from London Bridge to Penshurst) - 4X and DJs

Swinley / Bracknell (go from London Waterloo to Martins Heron or Bracknell) - FR / XC

Pitch Hill / Dorking (go from London Waterloo to Dorking) - XC

there are also lots of free to use public skateparks all over London, and lots of DJs outside of London but most are secret / private

sorry to hijack the thread - but what station do you go to from kings cross for chicksands ?

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 11:50 Quote
arsley

arseley

something like that....

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 11:52 Quote
k thanks

roughly how long does it take ?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010962
Mobile Version of Website