Diet tips

• Previous Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 3:49 Quote
I have read through about 5-6 pages on this thread and havent seen one actually giving food tips for people like what to eat if you're trying to loose weight, gain weight, increase muscle mass and so on! also not forgetting portion sizes... hell you can even throw in your weeks eating plans if you have one?! anyway ill let you guys have your way with this thread!

cheerstup

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 5:29 Quote
General tip. Stay away from unnatural sugar. Arnold called it "white death" for a reason.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 6:15 Quote
inkedd wrote:
General tip. Stay away from unnatural sugar. Arnold called it "white death" for a reason.

unnatural sugars being the sort you find in candy and drinks?

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 14:25 Quote
You got it. Your body doesn't need Candy and soft drinks. Here, Reference this and read over the article.

http://macrobiotics.co.uk/sugar.htm

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 17:39 Quote
here's my favourite tip to help ward off the junk food lapses, an apple releases the same satisfaction chemicals in your brain as a bag of chips or something junkie like that,
so have an apple instead =] it also makes you feel good for the same reason. pleasure pathways in your brain! =]
another thing would be that your body and your brain are creatures of habit, your brain wires itself to function in the patterns it recognizes.
basically what it means is that you can train your body and the neurotransmitters in your brain to find good things normal - this is good so that it's not such a chore to stay healthy - for example, you'll crave healthy food and as a result, have a bunch of energy which leads to craving movement [that's where you go ride your bike Wink ]
so have a guideline to start and then you'll naturally move it into routine
for example, you know how if you stay up late a couple times in a row, suddenly you just can't fall asleep until all hours of the morning, it's because that's what you've gotten your body used to
so you just have to be good to yourself =]
p.s. sorry bout the long post xD

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 0:52 Quote
Thanks for the apple tip! that actually addresses my main problem and thats sticking to a diet and making a habit of healthy food!

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 17:28 Quote
no worries =]
haha i could go on forever about being healthy

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 13:04 Quote
inkedd wrote:

That "unnatural sugar" is just a form of carbohydrate, and it's not dangerous.
What's more dangerous was those substances Arnold used in order to reach his size.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 16:11 Quote
If you want to control your weight, the big thing is to watch your calories.

Losing Weight - I'm guessing most people want to maintain their muscle mass and lose fat, so you'll want to lift weights to keep that and adjust your calories/add in cardio until you're losing weight. Try not to go too extreme(losing more than 2 lbs a week....the number is different for everyone) because there is an increased chance your body will stop burning muscle along with the fat.

Gaining Weight - Adjust your calories until you're gaining weight.

Gaining Muscle Mass - Lift heavy and adjust your calories until you're gaining weight....just be advised that unless you have started lifting or are on steroids, you can only gain about 1(maybe 2) pounds of muscle a month....anything more than that and it's most likely fat.

Edit: Also, make sure you're getting enough protein to maintain your muscle or increase it. Some estimates say 1 gram/lb body weight, some say 1 gram/lb lean mass but anything over 100 grams should be good enough.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
jinx wrote:
inkedd wrote:

What's more dangerous was those substances Arnold used in order to reach his size.

Your comment is very misleading. Are you grouping sugars and refined carbs in with heathly carbs? As though there's little difference from a health perspective?

A life spent eating shitty food is undoubtedly more unhealthy than using anabolic steroids (to the extent that Arnold did), and maintaining a reasonably healthy lifestyle.

I agree that steroids should definitely be avoided, and bodybuilding in general isnt a particularly healthy pursuit, but your comment is just plain misleading.

Posted: May 18, 2010 at 6:35 Quote
raak wrote:
jinx wrote:
inkedd wrote:

Your comment is very misleading. Are you grouping sugars and refined carbs in with heathly carbs? As though there's little difference from a health perspective?

A life spent eating shitty food is undoubtedly more unhealthy than using anabolic steroids (to the extent that Arnold did), and maintaining a reasonably healthy lifestyle.

I agree that steroids should definitely be avoided, and bodybuilding in general isnt a particularly healthy pursuit, but your comment is just plain misleading.

Your's the misleading.
Sugar (a form of carbohydrate) aren't dangerous or unhealthy, as long as you have it in moderate amounts. Anything will become unhealthy in too big amounts.
What is a healthy carb? What makes a carb unhealthy? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Posted: May 18, 2010 at 22:48 Quote
jinx wrote:
raak wrote:
jinx wrote:

Your's the misleading.
Sugar (a form of carbohydrate) aren't dangerous or unhealthy, as long as you have it in moderate amounts. Anything will become unhealthy in too big amounts.
What is a healthy carb? What makes a carb unhealthy? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Wow moderation is the key? ? Mindblowing stuff. You've really changed my whole perspective on this thing.

Listen, this thread is about 'DIET TIPS'. Someone advised cutting processed sugar, pretty much the best thing you can firstly do- cut it COMPLETELY. However this is not the point - you jumped on his comment because it was a quote of a steriod user - so you gave the whole 'drugs are bad ummmmmm kay' bit.

In reality, anabolic steroids are absolutely great for dieting: that's one of the main reasons bodybuilders use them, to avoid losing muscle when they diet to cut down to 0.00000001% bodyfat - but you couldnt even offer anything related to the thread.

And your pissy, sarcastic questions about wehther I understand carbohydrates are unnecessary. Yes, I can find, read and understand information about basic nutrition.

jeeeeeeeez

Posted: May 18, 2010 at 23:15 Quote
More muscles = more burned fat
more proteins = more muscles

Instead of apple, I would have banana, especially after ride.
During the day, I eat mostly proteins + carbs from veggies; for example chicken + broccoli and some red potatoes or rice.
Add some weightlifting and I bet in 3 to 8 months you will loose excess of fat you carry on. How long it will take it depends from amount of fat you have.

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 10:09 Quote
raak wrote:
jinx wrote:
raak wrote:

Your's the misleading.

Wow moderation is the key? ? Mindblowing stuff. You've really changed my whole perspective on this thing.

Listen, this thread is about 'DIET TIPS'. Someone advised cutting processed sugar, pretty much the best thing you can firstly do- cut it COMPLETELY. However this is not the point - you jumped on his comment because it was a quote of a steriod user - so you gave the whole 'drugs are bad ummmmmm kay' bit.

In reality, anabolic steroids are absolutely great for dieting: that's one of the main reasons bodybuilders use them, to avoid losing muscle when they diet to cut down to 0.00000001% bodyfat - but you couldnt even offer anything related to the thread.

And your pissy, sarcastic questions about wehther I understand carbohydrates are unnecessary. Yes, I can find, read and understand information about basic nutrition.

jeeeeeeeez

Dude, be careful with those statements about steroids. Although I do understand the possiblities, pros and cons with them you shouldn't talk so much about them on a forum like this. Especially since most of these users have no idea about what they do and can do to the body.

Another part, there are far better ways to cut weight than using steroids. They (professional bodybuilders) more often use clenbuterol, amphetamine, ephedrine and such.

Still, tell me the cons with a moderate intake of sugar (fast form of carbohydrate)?

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 at 13:37 Quote
[Quote="meganplease"]no worries =]
haha i could go on forever about being healthy[/Quote you seem to know your stuff

i dont spose you know what diet a downhiller would be on??? as i wana try one just before a downhill race i got see how it goes :L Big Grin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014127
Mobile Version of Website