Diet tips

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 at 15:12 Quote
Well, i wasn't aware of your physical condition or tendencies. It does sound sensible, but i think your approach is rather specific. There aren't that many people who lead or even want to lead a lifestyle as active as yours. And there is no need for it unless you specifically training for competitions and such. Wouldn't you agree?

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 at 15:41 Quote
I eat a very general healthy lifestyle so no I would disagree. I have egg whites and fruit every morning with whey protien (Something everyone should take) and for lunch I will typically have vegtable soup or some sort of turkey sandwich and dinner will be plain chicken breasts or ham or whole wheat pasta. The only think I do is I do not eat much starch, I eat egg whites not eggs. I drink skim milk, I do not eat cheese, and I drink lots of water and milk and the occasional Coke zero. I am not saying I do not cheat on occasion because It is important to enjoy life also, but you have to be smart with your cheats too. Like I LOVE soft pretzels, so I will make whole wheat soft pretzels with cinnoman and splenda with egg whites and for a whole pretzel its 130 calories and it tastes just as good as regular ones. Just the other day I made whole wheat sugar cookies with 40 calories 0.5 grams of fat per cookie. I do not go over the edge. I eat regular bread (meaning I do not have flourless bread which i find gross) I do not spend the extra money to go organic. To be completely honest almost all my shopping comes from costco.

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
There are extremely few dishes out there that you cannot make healthy. Google whatever you want to eat, and put healthy or low fat beside it and you will get awesome recipes.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
Yes, I agree. That looks like a description of a bodybuilder meal plan, almost.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
Not even professional bodybuilders maintain 10% body fat year round, it's not healthy or fun. I can guarantee you that you are not getting the proper nutrition you need. Just to get the recommended 400 International units (IU) of vitamin E alone, you would have to eat any of the following: 3.5 lbs of Wheat germ, 2.3 lbs of dry roasted almonds without salt, 28.8 lbs of spinach (cooked,boiled,drained and without salt or 1.7 lbs of safflower oil. That's only one! Yes you do need supplements because if you think you are getting it all from your foods you are dead wrong. The sad part is that not even the vitamins that most people are taking are worth the bottle the come in. Think about it, who recommended the vitamins to you? The student at your local drug store or a commercial that tells you to take one a day? If nutrients (vitamins) were meant to be taken once a day then couldn't we sit down once during the day and scarf as much as we could and be done? There are only about 5 Nutritional companies out there that actually give you what is said to be in the bottle and actually meet or exceed the recommended daily dosage of ALL the essential nutrients. I am here to help anyone that has questions, how to lose weight, gain weight or what supplements they should be taking if they are concerned about something in particular, prostate, eye health etc.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:38 Quote
Chuckm wrote:
Not even professional bodybuilders maintain 10% body fat year round, it's not healthy or fun. I can guarantee you that you are not getting the proper nutrition you need. Just to get the recommended 400 International units (IU) of vitamin E alone, you would have to eat any of the following: 3.5 lbs of Wheat germ, 2.3 lbs of dry roasted almonds without salt, 28.8 lbs of spinach (cooked,boiled,drained and without salt or 1.7 lbs of safflower oil. That's only one! Yes you do need supplements because if you think you are getting it all from your foods you are dead wrong. The sad part is that not even the vitamins that most people are taking are worth the bottle the come in. Think about it, who recommended the vitamins to you? The student at your local drug store or a commercial that tells you to take one a day? If nutrients (vitamins) were meant to be taken once a day then couldn't we sit down once during the day and scarf as much as we could and be done? There are only about 5 Nutritional companies out there that actually give you what is said to be in the bottle and actually meet or exceed the recommended daily dosage of ALL the essential nutrients. I am here to help anyone that has questions, how to lose weight, gain weight or what supplements they should be taking if they are concerned about something in particular, prostate, eye health etc.

You are 100% wrong about the body fat!! Body builders usually keep near 4% body fat and nutrient and body fat have Nothing!!!! In common. You can eat nonstop!!!! And have have a very low body fat. I eat non stop all day but it is carrots, salad, apples oranges etc. And for dinner I have 2 chicken breasts brown rice and broccoli. Yea I agree you need a lot of vitamins in your body but you are not getting vitamins from cookies and doughnuts. Body fat has Nothig to do with how much you eat it's what you eat. Almost all items that contain nutritents are healthy. Don't talk about what you do not know I can guarantee I get more vitamins than most people on Here. I eat lots of food!! Just everything healthy.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:41 Quote
You are however right that most multivitamins are useless but if you are lacking in them they do help but for the most part they do not help as much as people believe

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:54 Quote
No competitive bodybuilder keeps 4% in the OFF season.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:01 Quote
FACT: Carbohydrates, such as glucose, are broken down and absorbed by your body into your blood stream. This will then raise your blood sugar levels, and so depending on the person, most of this will be stored as glycogen, but also some as fat.
Lipids (fat) are also stored in similar fashion.
Excess protein is simply used to form urine, but fat levels are quite high in most forms of protein, hence why meat contains many calories.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:05 Quote
Nothing in common?

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:06 Quote
Yes that's that's why red meat is not healthy.
Chicken, turkey and ham is low fat meat

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:09 Quote
To gain muscle, and energy this is what I do:

Wake up, drink 2 glasses of cold water
Eat breakfast (Natural oatmeal, no flavoring)
Drink milk with 1 scoop of my whey protein
Stretch thoroughly and take fubar with a little water
Jog to the gym (approx 3km away)
As soon as I walk into the door, I take 4 Purple K
Do my sets (id tell you...but id have to kill you Razz )
Keep hydrated while running or working out!

Then I walk home, with occasional sprints from stop to full potential

When I get in the door, I take 2 scoops of my Whey protein along with my vitamins, and have a fresh garden salad with 4 ounces of chicken (homemade blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry dressing)

Thats not all the food I eat, because other than that schedule, its all fair game.

Lately ive been slacking because I discovered Mcdonalds though, which is how you gain weight Razz

After my schedule, and all my hard work, I went from 110 pounds, skinny arms (after coming out of the hospital..) , to 164 pounds and 15 inch biceps. (measured around)

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:10 Quote
Chilax, I never said you were wrong about anything except about that they have nothing in common.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 22:11 Quote
Redwolf2 wrote:
To gain muscle, and energy this is what I do:

Wake up, drink 2 glasses of cold water
Eat breakfast (Natural oatmeal, no flavoring)
Drink milk with 1 scoop of my whey protein
Stretch thoroughly and take fubar with a little water
Jog to the gym (approx 3km away)
As soon as I walk into the door, I take 4 Purple K
Do my sets (id tell you...but id have to kill you Razz )
Keep hydrated while running or working out!

Then I walk home, with occasional sprints from stop to full potential

When I get in the door, I take 2 scoops of my Whey protein along with my vitamins, and have a fresh garden salad with 4 ounces of chicken (homemade blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry dressing)

Do you use whey isolates or regular whey?

Thats not all the food I eat, because other than that schedule, its all fair game.

Lately ive been slacking because I discovered Mcdonalds though, which is how you gain weight Razz

After my schedule, and all my hard work, I went from 110 pounds, skinny arms (after coming out of the hospital..) , to 164 pounds and 15 inch biceps. (measured around)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021142
Mobile Version of Website