New to DH riding and need advice on my purchase.

PB Forum :: Downhill
New to DH riding and need advice on my purchase.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 11:46 Quote
Hi, im looking at getting into DH riding and need advice on what sort of bike to get.

Im not sure whether to go full on DH rig. ie. trek session, giant glory or something similar or do i go for something like the specialized sx trail or alpine 160 or sc nomad which i will probably just about ride up the hill aswell.

I already have a good hardtail so would use that for trail riding.

What i need to know is would the last three AM bikes be up to the job of downhilling.

Thanks.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
just get your self a entry level DH rig.

/thread

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 13:40 Quote
i could, what do u recommend, ive been riding a while now and i have ridden downhill before but class myself as new to the style cos i havent got a DH ride as yet.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 13:49 Quote
if youre going to be self shuttling, id recommend against a full dh bike. id look more towards the freeride side of things. theres plenty of threads about good fr bikes that could be used for dh and be self shuttled. have a go at the search button. it should help!

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 14:05 Quote
Here in the uk there isnt many uplifts around,i live in east midlands and most of my riding is in the peak district and trail centres with dowhnill courses, so ur right i will be "self shuttling" nearly all of the time.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 14:31 Quote
just push it up.. or man up and ride a DH bike up. or umm drive up?
It's a slow process but i've gotten in the shape where I could pedal my bike up...

just stand up, get in the zone, and pedal up.

a giant would be a good choice.. The geo isn't too freaking crazy to start out with

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 23:35 Quote
Santa Cruz Blur is a good all-around bike- good to climb but bouncy and fun for all sortsa going down fast....I just went ahead and got a Driver 8 because i already had an XC bike and wanted downhill specific but it's like walking a horse up a hill for half an hour for 4 mins of glory .....best to shuttle with friends if you go that route....see if any shops in the area have demo days and try some different ones out???

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009810
Mobile Version of Website