Sexiest downhill bikes/frames out there #2(NO posting of own bike).

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sexiest downhill bikes/frames out there #2(NO posting of own bike).
Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 16:09 Quote
markcahill wrote:
misterpeanut wrote:
sorry guys, but i think markcahill is right. There is a half to 3/4 pound in the shock... but there isn't a clear 4lbs especially with an alum rear swing arm.
yeah i cant see how you can drop roughly 4 lbs by things such as break rotors etc. remember the fact that its a carbon rear end. im sure the syndicate could drop that weight even further but not to 30ish lbs
It's not just brake rotors.

There's a difference in frame weight between an extra large and a medium. The new frame (it's not just a carbon rear-end, it's a lighter front end as well) is 650 grams lighter than the stock frame. 650 grams is a lot. It's nearly a pound and a half. Sure, the frame is lighter but we're comparing two different sizes here.. Have you seen Christian's spec list?

Frame: 2011 Santa Cruz V10 Carbon Medium
Rear shock: Vivid Air
Headset: Chris King I4 Inset
Fork: 2011 Boxxer WC
Stem: Sunline V1 DM black
Bar: ENVE DH, cut to 760mm
Seatpost: Thomson Elite, cut short
Seat: Stripped Selle SLR
Wheelset: Tune MK/DT Aero/ENVE AM rims
Tires: Maxxis DHF EXO, 3c/60a
Tubes: Schwalbe Extra light
Cassette: Dura Ace 11-21 9 speed
Shifter, mech: SRAM X.O
Chain: KMC X9SL
Crankset: Clavicula DH 170mm
Chainring: E13 Guidering 36T
Brakes: 2011 Formula The One DH, 180mm rotors
Pedals: Twenty6 Prerunner Ti
Grips: ODI Ruffian

Other than the frame, you can only assume that the Black Box parts (fork, brakes) are lighter. The SRAM XO DH derailleur may be lighter. The Vivid Air on Christian's bike probably weighs nearly a pound lighter than the Vivid on the Syndicate bike. The difference between the two bars is a quarter of a pound. And that's uncut weight on the Enve carbon bars Christian has. Everything adds up.

Personally, I think it's completely plausible. And it's not like Christian is someone who just throws a weight out there. He's pretty damn credible.

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 16:34 Quote
btw 180mm rotors up front is horrid on a DH bike

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 16:36 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
markcahill wrote:
misterpeanut wrote:
sorry guys, but i think markcahill is right. There is a half to 3/4 pound in the shock... but there isn't a clear 4lbs especially with an alum rear swing arm.
yeah i cant see how you can drop roughly 4 lbs by things such as break rotors etc. remember the fact that its a carbon rear end. im sure the syndicate could drop that weight even further but not to 30ish lbs
It's not just brake rotors.

There's a difference in frame weight between an extra large and a medium. The new frame (it's not just a carbon rear-end, it's a lighter front end as well) is 650 grams lighter than the stock frame. 650 grams is a lot. It's nearly a pound and a half. Sure, the frame is lighter but we're comparing two different sizes here.. Have you seen Christian's spec list?

Frame: 2011 Santa Cruz V10 Carbon Medium
Rear shock: Vivid Air
Headset: Chris King I4 Inset
Fork: 2011 Boxxer WC
Stem: Sunline V1 DM black
Bar: ENVE DH, cut to 760mm
Seatpost: Thomson Elite, cut short
Seat: Stripped Selle SLR
Wheelset: Tune MK/DT Aero/ENVE AM rims
Tires: Maxxis DHF EXO, 3c/60a
Tubes: Schwalbe Extra light
Cassette: Dura Ace 11-21 9 speed
Shifter, mech: SRAM X.O
Chain: KMC X9SL
Crankset: Clavicula DH 170mm
Chainring: E13 Guidering 36T
Brakes: 2011 Formula The One DH, 180mm rotors
Pedals: Twenty6 Prerunner Ti
Grips: ODI Ruffian

Other than the frame, you can only assume that the Black Box parts (fork, brakes) are lighter. The SRAM XO DH derailleur may be lighter. The Vivid Air on Christian's bike probably weighs nearly a pound lighter than the Vivid on the Syndicate bike. The difference between the two bars is a quarter of a pound. And that's uncut weight on the Enve carbon bars Christian has. Everything adds up.

Personally, I think it's completely plausible. And it's not like Christian is someone who just throws a weight out there. He's pretty damn credible.

If I say "ok you win" will you just shut up?

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 17:09 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:

not when said DH bike weighs 30 pounds

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 17:39 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:
Not when they're that powerful...

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 18:54 Quote
been running 180s for almost 2 years now. everything i would ever need and more
mikey silvestri runs 160mm front and rear at gnarstar.... nuff' said

but as for the Clavicula cranks.....

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 19:32 Quote
after some laps at sun peaks

48.12 pounds as she sits!! ...lol...and i love it cuz i plow through anything with this beast tup

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 20:18 Quote
neondion wrote:

48.12 pounds as she sits!! ...lol...and i love it cuz i plow through anything with this beast tup

no thanks

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 20:20 Quote
krash wrote:
neondion wrote:

no thanks

my last bike was a devinci 8flat8 and it buckled..i see you are running a 2005 johnson your bike stock was 46 pounds so you are not too far off

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 20:32 Quote
neondion wrote:
krash wrote:
neondion wrote:

no thanks

my last bike was a devinci 8flat8 and it buckled..i see you are running a 2005 johnson your bike stock was 46 pounds so you are not too far off
I think what hes getting at is that this is the Sexiest Downhill Bike/Bike Frame thread and that is neither. Not hatin', just sayin.

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 21:21 Quote
Full Bike. Juicy 7 brakes X-9 short cage 11-23 road cassete WTB FreeRide rim 2010 DHX 5.0 500 pound spring Gamut p-30 chain guide 2010 FIT Fox 40

39.2 pounds
Still need to get my new brakes, tires, and wheels.

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 22:24 Quote
NicholasCasswell wrote:
neondion wrote:
krash wrote:

no thanks

I think what hes getting at is that this is the Sexiest Downhill Bike/Bike Frame thread and that is neither. Not hatin', just sayin.

i am aware of that ...that is why i thought i would post my heavy tank cuz i thought this was a sexy bike thread not " my really light bike thread"

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 22:33 Quote
scottmillphotography wrote:
Full Bike. Juicy 7 brakes X-9 short cage 11-23 road cassete WTB FreeRide rim 2010 DHX 5.0 500 pound spring Gamut p-30 chain guide 2010 FIT Fox 40

39.2 pounds
Still need to get my new brakes, tires, and wheels.

Wth is that single speed with a derailluer? Can't zoom any more. Maybe ny eyes are too tired.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030286
Mobile Version of Website