ADVICE NEEDED. What Are The Best Tyres For Urban Downhill?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
ADVICE NEEDED. What Are The Best Tyres For Urban Downhill?
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 13:55 Quote
not the best grip for corners in an urban area, but might be worth a shout because they roll fast and are quite tough.

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
tom666 wrote:
not the best grip for corners in an urban area, but might be worth a shout because they roll fast and are quite tough.

Think ill try the holly rollers or hookworms etc
also anyone tried nok xxx tyres

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 15:21 Quote
deme113 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Think ill try the holly rollers or hookworms etc
also anyone tried nok xxx tyres

I think they are heavier than hookworms (and that's saying something!)...

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 16:39 Quote
it's not like your tyres are going to be in full contact with the tarmac - you gonna go over stairs, cobles and whatnot

you would better be with some knobs on sides for cornering

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 16:43 Quote
get small block 8's. they are light and roll fast and grip VERY well.

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 12:53 Quote
Why not just ignore the person who lives in plymouth and rides through the uni ALL THE TIME!!!! seriously, its mostly stairs and slicks give zippo advantage on those, just use regular tyres and pump em up mega hard (high rollers ect) or get any cheap second hand slicks, the tracks like a minute and a hlaf ffs, is it worth this much effort??

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 15:16 Quote
chazdog wrote:
Why not just ignore the person who lives in plymouth and rides through the uni ALL THE TIME!!!! seriously, its mostly stairs and slicks give zippo advantage on those, just use regular tyres and pump em up mega hard (high rollers ect) or get any cheap second hand slicks, the tracks like a minute and a hlaf ffs, is it worth this much effort??

No one ignored you fella ,everyone was just stating their personal preference which is always good to hear.
Info from people who have actually tried all the different types of tyres etc as i have only ever run high rollers {got some new 40a slow reezey highrollers that never got used}
Thanks your info was great about its mostly stairs etc so i kinda no what to expect like i said i have never entered nothing before its purely for the experience
Smile

Posted: Sep 30, 2017 at 4:12 Quote
Hi guys, are Maxxis Ikons any good? I’ll mainly be riding concrete!

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.015624
Mobile Version of Website