2010 S-Works Stumpjumper FSR

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2010 S-Works Stumpjumper FSR
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 13:50 Quote
check this out, its a RARE bike (here in England, we got 20 for the entire YEAR!!!)

2010 S-Works (Specialized) Stumpjumper FSR

full carbon frameset, and Fox / Brain rear shock, and S-Works suspension fork with E2 carbon steerer tube, S-Works carbon cranks, Roval wheelset and SRAM XX groupset

in the UK its GBP £5,500, which is 8,486.48 CAD, or 8,284.53 USD

photo

photo

its seriously light, 23.5lb for the medium bike including pedals

but my customer found the wheels too fragile, and asked me to switch the Stan's ZTR Arch / Hope Pro II wheelset from his 2010 Specialized Enduro SL Comp to his S-Works Stumpy

here is some SRAM XX detail on the S-Works bike, first time I have encountered the XX groupset

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 14:01 Quote
thats real nice,

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 14:38 Quote
its really nice

but the money does not make sense?

you could get a "boutique" custom build from Ellsworth / Intense / Santa Cruz / Ventana, etc. for less money

with a really "trick" build including Sram XX, Stan's ZTR Arch tubeless wheelset and suitable kevlar bead tubeless tires, full titanium and coloured aluminium alloy bolt kit, Thomson / Easton carbon finishing kit, etc. for about £1000 less....

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 14:43 Quote
true , and if i had the money which i dont id do a frame up build myself as thats half the fun,

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 15:09 Quote
all that money and v8's Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/nono.gif

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
c-v-tich wrote:
all that money and v8's Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/nono.gif
what would you run ?

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
Twenty6 ti prerunners! Only way to roll.

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
anything tinner, lighter... ti axles, mag body

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 2:34 Quote
all that money and v8's

actually they are V-12 magnesium with titanium DMR axles.....

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 3:34 Quote
no bling so i thought they were v8's

anyway, i wouldn't go back to thick pedals after trying thin platforms - your feet slips less, lowers your bb (not litteraly Smile ) and less pedal hitting the ground in curves - worlds apart imo

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 3:36 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
its really nice

but the money does not make sense?

you could get a "boutique" custom build from Ellsworth / Intense / Santa Cruz / Ventana, etc. for less money

with a really "trick" build including Sram XX, Stan's ZTR Arch tubeless wheelset and suitable kevlar bead tubeless tires, full titanium and coloured aluminium alloy bolt kit, Thomson / Easton carbon finishing kit, etc. for about £1000 less....
yeah but the 010 brain system actually woorks smoothly! not worth the extra grand but it will pedal amazingly well if the epic is anything to go by.

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 13:59 Quote
For 5.5k i would hope that bike would cover every biking need i could ever dream of. Sort of like buying a Ferrari, splash all that cash you expect the car to be pretty much perfect, nothing should need changing. Same principle with the spesh really.
Not my personal choice, rather get a custom build or a lappierre which would work cheaper.

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 14:43 Quote
For 5.5k i would hope that bike would cover every biking need i could ever dream of. Sort of like buying a Ferrari,

for 5.5K I would expect a free BJ at the least.....

I own 4 bikes and none of these have cost me 5.5K

my Devinci is tricked out to f*ck and cost me 4.2K with a full titanium bolt kit, and weighs sub 31lb which is great for a 6 x 6 all-mountain bike with Fox 36 fork, DHX 5 air shock and 2.3" big volume tires..no XC sh*t!!!

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 14:52 Quote
I may sound like a muppet but could it be the production costs?

Specialized will be making few of these so wont each one cost more to make than if you made many?

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 14:55 Quote
its actually a SICK bike

yes, the frame is made in China, but that is the only place to make a full carbon frameset at high quality....

I'd still expect a free B.J. for £5.5K but then maybe I have spent too much time in Amsterdam, Holland Wink

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012811
Mobile Version of Website