The Truck Project update June 7

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Truck Project update June 7
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
sorry. i didnt mean to come across rude. and the junk comment...i left to message for a sec and my buddy wrte that. those trucks are sick when they are slammed. but all im saying is if you take the time to do everything now and right then you wont have problems with it down the road and you wont have to tear it apart again to do the other stuff to it and if you do it now then it will be more awesome when your done.

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 10:50 Quote
brodie-biker69 wrote:
sorry. i didnt mean to come across rude. and the junk comment...i left to message for a sec and my buddy wrte that. those trucks are sick when they are slammed. but all im saying is if you take the time to do everything now and right then you wont have problems with it down the road and you wont have to tear it apart again to do the other stuff to it and if you do it now then it will be more awesome when your done.
it's not that he's going to start cutting corners, he's doing everything right, he's just not doing all the modification that he originally intended. Everything that has been and is going to be done is going to be done proper if I've read the plans correctly.

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 11:17 Quote
kris-mk wrote:
brodie-biker69 wrote:
it's not that he's going to start cutting corners, he's doing everything right, he's just not doing all the modification that he originally intended. Everything that has been and is going to be done is going to be done proper if I've read the plans correctly.
oh ok. sorry. i mis read then. i thought he was just going to hack job it together just so he could drive it. my bad.

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 21:51 Quote
Yeah my uncle had one of these and if you dont slam them and have too many horsepower for your own good, they are peices of shit and they are useless. Also, if you dont sink at least $50,000 they are useless and you may as well just not drive.

Posted: Jun 10, 2011 at 20:36 Quote
Soo is this thread dead?

Posted: Jun 11, 2011 at 5:03 Quote
I wouldn't call it dead, but I wouldn't hold my breath for updates.

It sat untouched since December and only this past week did I go out and clean up the back wall of the cab and primered the dashboard. We've been waiting 4 months to get a set of machined sleeves to start working on the control arms and they only arrived 2 weeks ago. Hopefully we can get back on this thing in the near future.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 at 2:19 Quote
So the truck has headed off in a different direction for the sake of getting it out of the garage. Coilovers have already been acquired along with some 15x8.5 -16 wheels. The test fit is promising for the wheels.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 15:17 Quote
didn't you originally have 18's or 19's and having it bagged?

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 20:30 Quote
Bagged on 18s but it was too low to clear them.

Posted: Nov 20, 2012 at 14:27 Quote
The truck was parted out at the beginning of the summer. The cab and frame were picked up by someone so to the best of my knowledge the truck is still somewhere out there

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010614
Mobile Version of Website