PLEASE HELP - Skatepark

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
PLEASE HELP - Skatepark
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 13:10 Quote
panda-dude wrote:
How is it looking ?Smile , are the guys in black suits supportive ?
hahahaha "the guys in black suits" lol yeh its alright, i go along to some special meetings Pimp and its only about 5 other people from bishopbriggs who get to go to go to them. the council send emails to the group and we kinda talk about what they hav said, we're grtting on to the stage where i need to look at what others want eg. cinima, play park, climbing wall ect. but the council arent sounding too good, they say they will only let someone buy the land if they pay as much as morrisons are saying they will buy it for (which is alot of money Thumbs Down ) but yeh, me and my brother are hoping to do a presintation to the council Confused but we've got 128 on the petition and 196 fans on the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Campaign-for-Bishopbriggs-Skatepark/104698796235207

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 0:18 Quote
Good luck.

Mitchen Searl.

Posted: May 18, 2010 at 14:31 Quote
freeride-4-me wrote:
panda-dude wrote:
hahahaha "the guys in black suits" lol yeh its alright, i go along to some special meetings Pimp and its only about 5 other people from bishopbriggs who get to go to go to them. the council send emails to the group and we kinda talk about what they hav said, we're grtting on to the stage where i need to look at what others want eg. cinima, play park, climbing wall ect. but the council arent sounding too good, they say they will only let someone buy the land if they pay as much as morrisons are saying they will buy it for (which is alot of money Thumbs Down ) but yeh, me and my brother are hoping to do a presintation to the council Confused but we've got 128 on the petition and 196 fans on the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Campaign-for-Bishopbriggs-Skatepark/104698796235207

i do support a skatepark , but i would prefer a cinema since kirky has just been built.

Posted: May 19, 2010 at 0:18 Quote
heirs08 wrote:
freeride-4-me wrote:
panda-dude wrote:

i do support a skatepark , but i would prefer a cinema since kirky has just been built.
yeh some people do, the reason i dont want a cinima is it would probably only show a few films as it is such a small town and kirky is not so good for bmxers and mtbs because it was designed by skaters so the ramps are slightly too short and steep and its too far away to go every day. but because the land that i want a skatepark is so big and they want to sell the land an indoor skatepark or an outdoor one like saltoats would be the most suitible. but lets just hope we all get the thing we want Big Grin

Posted: May 19, 2010 at 0:47 Quote
freeride-4-me wrote:
heirs08 wrote:
freeride-4-me wrote:

yeh some people do, the reason i dont want a cinima is it would probably only show a few films as it is such a small town and kirky is not so good for bmxers and mtbs because it was designed by skaters so the ramps are slightly too short and steep and its too far away to go every day. but because the land that i want a skatepark is so big and they want to sell the land an indoor skatepark or an outdoor one like saltoats would be the most suitible. but lets just hope we all get the thing we want Big Grin

an indoor one would be cos then wouldn't all need to spend ages going to unit

Posted: May 19, 2010 at 7:53 Quote
heirs08 wrote:
freeride-4-me wrote:
heirs08 wrote:

an indoor one would be cos then wouldn't all need to spend ages going to unit
yeh, i think we would all love an indoor one Smile

Posted: May 19, 2010 at 8:12 Quote
that would be amazing but I don't think that's very realistic

Posted: May 19, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
panda-dude wrote:
that would be amazing but I don't think that's very realistic
shut it your making my hopes go down Really Mad ko

Posted: May 29, 2010 at 14:00 Quote
yesh- liam fergusonBig Grin

O+
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 5:42 Quote
hope u get it man....Smile

Alasdair Brann

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 at 10:33 Quote
Attention We totally need a skatepark or some kind of biking facility. Smile

David Wood.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 0:04 Quote
does it count even though im across the planet?
james davidson

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 0:42 Quote
jdavidson wrote:
does it count even though im across the planet?
james davidson
im hoping so Confused it will seem quite odd, still, ive got a couple more from poland and canada and america and so on.. ill try and use you guys Smile

Posted: Aug 7, 2010 at 2:24 Quote
Good Luck!!
Gavin Orr

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 at 13:44 Quote
I live in bearsden and this is a great idea and would open up the community alot and i've seen a rapid increase of up and coming less fortunate kids getting into this great sport as Unit 23 in Dumbarton you have to pay a ridicolous price to getin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.044520
Mobile Version of Website