The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 21:30 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
dhmoose wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Any of you ever paint a rifle?

Yeah dude. Work one, I can dig out some pics, whats up?
Thinking of spraying my Ruger and acog... any tips?

Rustoleum or krylon, make sure it's flat. I use netting to texture it. But you can use electric tape or painters tape. Make random shapes and shit.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 3:26 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
After looking it up, and least it just needs a quick part swap to cure. Better than frames breaking or something.

Are you on the guns thread bro?

Yes mate! Just got in last week.

Hi everyone! My name is Mountain-Dalek and I'm a gun enthusiastic mountainbiker that lives in a filled-with-guns-hating-liberal-dickwadz country. The worst part of it when it comes to guns : Quebec ! Better that than live in North Korea though...

Wanted to post pics of my new toy this week, my 1st .22 pistol, a brand new Mark IV 22/45 Lite (black), but when I went to pick it up at the store monday, after I waited 10 days for paperwork, the guy told me that Ruger just issued a Recall on all Mk4 and that I couldn't leave with it, it has to go back to Ruger... darn! And they can't tell how long it's gonna take to fix Cry

And then, to add insult to injury, as I came back from the store that same day, all the aftermarket chunks I've ordered online for my MK4 were in the mailbox: my Volquartsen trigger accurizing kit, my Tandem Kross muzzle break and treated steel extractor... It's like having a brand new F40, but no bike to put it on... makes you wanna cry...

Worst of all I got 2 months of vacation left and I can't ride my bike until end august due to recent surgery... so I go at the shooting range almost everyday, but shooting 9mm all day long is getting too expensive.. I bought that .22 so I could shoot all day for reasonable price... 2017 will be a rough summer... no fun Frown

Anyways, beside that I'm more of a handgun guy, especially a SIG fanboy! (sorry Glock fanboyz). I got hunting riffles and shotguns, but unfortunately no tactical riffles. We can get them here (AR-10/15...), but it's a big hassle : unlike handguns and hunting riffles, the Feds will call every person you know (each time you buy) to make sure you're not psycho before giving you a registration. So, let's say you're not psycho, but you're crossed with someone : if the Feds call that person, and that person says : "wow that guy shouldn't have a AR15, he shouldn't have guns period", then you might be in trouble, even though the allegations are not sound.

Shoot safe folks!

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 12:09 Quote
Beer That's kind of dumb, it should just be a safety swap. That can't take that long..

When you said F40, I thought you meant the Ferrari.. Was wondering how you'd put a Ferrari on a bike lol

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 9:22 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
Beer That's kind of dumb, it should just be a safety swap. That can't take that long..

When you said F40, I thought you meant the Ferrari.. Was wondering how you'd put a Ferrari on a bike lol

Aww man, from Ruger's Recall Notice :

"We plan to have all international pistols retrofitted at repair centers in the customer's country. Because of international licensing requirements, there will be a delay before parts are available for your local repair center to perform the retrofit."

I hope I'm very wrong, but I think I won't see my MK4 for at least 3-4 weeks, prolly more...

I also learned that my Volquartsen trigger accurizing kit will most likely not be compatible with the new safety mechanism... great! Now I have to deal with a online merchendise return, postage fees from my pocket (plus the $15 i paid to get it here)

Should've bought a Buckmark... can't go wrong with Browning... that'll teach me! Ruger's website is filled with recall notices.

Ah ah! F40... I was too lazy to write Float... the Ferrari F40 also went thru my mind as I wrote F40 Smile

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 14:28 Quote
Damn, that's a shame! Never heard of any Ruger recalls before; always thought they were pretty solid.

Hah!

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
Eh, well... I think they make pretty good guns too. Don't want to bash Ruger either!

Ruger probably made 100's of models, only ~10 recall notices so...

I guess I'm just being unlucky with the timing... and being a bit of an emotional-drama-queen too Blank Stare

I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the pistol once things settle in. Until then I'll play with my other toys and think positive!

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 19:16 Quote
200 yard group I got today with a Sako 85 Varminter in .223. Very happy.

First group at 200 yards I got with a Sako 85 varminter in .223 using Remington Premier Match with 69 grain .223 matchkings. Amazing rifle!

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 20:21 Quote
Got to shoot my Glock 37 for the first time today. Felt better than any Glock full frame .45 ACP I have shot. Felt pretty comparable to some full frame 9mm's I've shot.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 21:55 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:

First group at 200 yards I got with a Sako 85 varminter in .223 using Remington Premier Match with 69 grain .223 matchkings. Amazing rifle!

2 shots away from a good group!

Oh, and nice tactical-thumb by the way.Big Grin

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 23:10 Quote
Mountain-Dalek wrote:
Eh, well... I think they make pretty good guns too. Don't want to bash Ruger either!

Ruger probably made 100's of models, only ~10 recall notices so...

I guess I'm just being unlucky with the timing... and being a bit of an emotional-drama-queen too Blank Stare

I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the pistol once things settle in. Until then I'll play with my other toys and think positive!

Beer

marxthekittah wrote:
Got to shoot my Glock 37 for the first time today. Felt better than any Glock full frame .45 ACP I have shot. Felt pretty comparable to some full frame 9mm's I've shot.

That's not surpring. .45 GAP is loaded for pressures similar to .45 ACP +p, yet generally .45 ACP +p and even some standard loads still have more muzzle energy. How common does ammo seem to be in brick and mortar shops? Does it carry a premium price-wise?

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 2:11 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
Fire an HK... puts everything else to shame.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 4:32 Quote
Prices don't seem too bad for being a .45 caliber gun from what I've seen, but can't really find it in the shops here, though one shop can order ammo for me which is nice. Could probably find ammo in bigger towns.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 19:40 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:

Not shabby shooting at all!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015874
Mobile Version of Website