The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
Did you just assume my gun's caliber???

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 17:21 Quote
@Seraph: why'd you block me? If it's for calling you a liberal, my bad. I think I confused you with dkidd.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 21:57 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
@Seraph: why'd you block me? If it's for calling you a liberal, my bad. I think I confused you with dkidd.

I didn't know you were blocked.

Edit: unblocked

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 0:21 Quote
My safariland holster is taking it's sweet time being made and shipped...

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 7:47 Quote
Quick update: Just heard from state police as to what they define an ammunition feeding device as and you guys were correct, they said it's "a magazine". That generally seems to be the definition since a magazine feeds a gun.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 16:11 Quote
CA-compliant setup just finished. Fixed stock, finned grip, ambi safety. Not as uncomfortable as one might think. Really easy to shoulder and manipulate all features. Magpul BAD lever actually helps a lot too.

California legal setup on my bench gun. Fixed Magpul MOE stock Strike Industries basic finned grip Seekins Precision ambidextrous safety lever.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 16:25 Quote
Does the finn has to be straight in the middle of the grip or can it be shifted a bit to the left side?

I'd be curious to try one of these.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 17:00 Quote
I've seen offset ones, idk the legality of them though. Are there any provisions written specifically addressing holes in the fin? You could just call it a thumbhole stock if the stock and grip were one piece lol...

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 20:00 Quote
Mountain-Dalek wrote:
Does the finn has to be straight in the middle of the grip or can it be shifted a bit to the left side?

I'd be curious to try one of these.

It is offset to one side. It's adjusted for right-handed shooters.

therealtylerdurden wrote:
You could just call it a thumbhole stock if the stock and grip were one piece lol...

I don't think thumbhole stocks are legal. You can't connect the grip to the buffer tube. But Thordsen makes a new grip stock thing that looks decent.

photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 20:39 Quote
f*ck man, you have a lot of hoops to jump through. And all this is to reduce the capacity and potential for mass shooting?

Are you limited on pistols and shotguns?

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 23:39 Quote
dhmoose wrote:
f*ck man, you have a lot of hoops to jump through. And all this is to give the illusion of reducing the capacity and potential for mass shooting?

Ftfy

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 23:42 Quote
seraph wrote:
You can't connect the grip to the buffer tube.

Do you mean by law or physically? Because if the fixed stock and buffer tube can be separate parts, I don't see why connecting the stock to the pistol grip wouldn't be physically possible. But anyways, doesn't matter if thumbhole stocks were outlawed.

Although this would constitute a thumbhole stock, no?
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012542
Mobile Version of Website