The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 13:53 Quote
togood2die wrote:
After all my years on PB, I'm embarrassed to say I never found this thread!

Here I am, late as usual.

Thanks, T

What'choo got to show us? Let us see them gunz!

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 7:40 Quote
seraph wrote:
togood2die wrote:

Thanks, T

Un momento, good people.

Beretta 90-Two 40 S amp W

Remington 700 SPS Tactical 308

The day I bought her My most used gun now... KelTec PMR-30 22 WMR

LMT CQB 2000 only barrel I have is the stock 223...

Henry Big Boy Steel 44 Magnum

Wife and I s custom Cerakoted Sig P320s. Mine s the Burnt Bronze Compact in the back her s is the Sand Dune Tan full size in front.

Mossberg MVP Patrol 308 w Boyd s Custom Scout stock in Coyote Tan

KelTec Sub 2000 9mm Glock format OBVIOUSLY

Aero Precision custom 308 AR-10 before it was scoped

KelTec CMR-30

Sig MCX

This is most of the collection, but there are others of less import, and one that is my oldest and dearest friend, and I can't seem to find a picture of her...

Thanks, T

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 9:13 Quote
That Keltec .22 pistol is so neat. Seems like it would shoot so flat.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 9:35 Quote
seraph wrote:

Quite.

It is very flame-throwery, and spits a bit of unburnt powder back thru the small vis notch in the rear of the slide... after all, 22 mag was designed for rifle barrels... But otherwise, very nice!
Also, 30 (really 29) rounds on tap in the standard mags, and they're interchangeable with the CMR-30.

Thanks, T

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 9:42 Quote
Got my Polymer80 compact frame yesterday. Watching a few videos it seems like it's incredibly easy to finish. I really shouldn't even need to use a hand drill at all to remove the blocker around the guide rod/spring. Should be able to hit that with a round file if I need to.

Also apparently if one modifies the trigger guard a little, it will fit regular G19 holsters. Which is good because I have a few. It does fit the Blackhawk Omnivore with a TLR-1 just fine though.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 9:43 Quote
Nice, another Omnivore owner!
I love that thing... eats every semi-auto pistol I own.

It's too cold right now, but as soon as spring breaks, I'm going to start pouring AR-15 poly lowers again.
I want to experiment with strength again.

Thanks, T

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
This guy does pretty quick work to his frame with a few different Dremel bits. Most people recommend finishing off the excess material with a hand file but I guess someone with a steady hand could get it done with a power tool.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 12:49 Quote
seraph wrote:

Yeah it does!

togood2die wrote:

It's too cold right now, but as soon as spring breaks, I'm going to start pouring AR-15 poly lowers again.

Thanks, T

Do you use a sand casting process, or? How have they turned out? Do they use glass impregnated polymer?

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
seraph wrote:

Yeah it does!

togood2die wrote:

Thanks, T

Do you use a sand casting process, or? How have they turned out? Do they use glass impregnated polymer?

These are the guys:

http://ar15mold.com/

I bought their kit ages ago, and have upgraded as they've gotten better.

I usually include a fiberglass weave and/or Aluminum powder, for strength, in addition to the stiffening yoke they supply with each pour they sell.

The sky's the limit on colors too!

Thanks, T

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 16:13 Quote
togood2die wrote:
seraph wrote:
togood2die wrote:

Thanks, T

Un momento, good people.

The day I bought her My most used gun now... KelTec PMR-30 22 WMR

Thanks, T

I’ve wanted one of these way too long to not own one. Does it live up to the hype? I am jelly.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 18:40 Quote
I love it.
I mentioned one negative, the unburnt powder, earlier, but other than that and the fact that the mags are all plastic and feel like a bad pair of implants installed by a meth head doctor, it's a great gun!
I've even substituted it in my carry setup for a short time, when I had hand surgery and couldn't palm even a 9mm for recoil.

Thanks, T

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 6:17 Quote
Morning folks!

Since I'm an unabashed Sig wa'hore, thought I'd share this one...

http://www.recoilweb.com/sig-sauers-new-p365-11-round-subcompact-edc-pistol-132565.html

Looks really slick, can't wait to see one in person!

Thanks - T

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 7:29 Quote
Like the size, like the full rails, sure it shoots well, I don’t like the proprietary accessory rail (not that I’d hang anything on a pistol that size) and I already know I won’t like the sig price.

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 7:46 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
Like the size, like the full rails, sure it shoots well, I don’t like the proprietary accessory rail (not that I’d hang anything on a pistol that size) and I already know I won’t like the sig price.

Whatchu think that number is? Cool

MSRP is stupid, but the suspected early retail prices place it dead in line with a G43, and also the weight puts it within 10ths of that gun as well.
Sig is getting smarter...
I should HOPE SO, all three of my Sig guns have been in for warranty recalls. Dead Horse

Thanks - T

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026900
Mobile Version of Website