The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 16:35 Quote
togood2die wrote:
Self-explanatory example:

Hickenlooper et al in CO, banning mags, running Magpul out, alienating the "red" parts of the state, and having an unenforceable ban they can't do anything with...

I was stationed there for a couple years (in Aurora), and It was just starting to change in a big way.
Californians were coming into the state, bringing ideas and policies that changed the landscape, making life that much less enjoyable for those still stuck there.

IMO, Telluride is top three most beautiful places in the WORLD to me, not even mentioning the Maroon Bells (Aspen, Snowmass, etc), Steamboat Springs, then the big boys for mountain biking, like Salida, Carbondale, Ouray, Crested Butte...
All these amazing places, and I'll not go back because I won't give tax $ to those jackholes.

On a side note, we're either going to buy here in W NC, or possibly look at Montana or Alaska, for a permanent homestead and estate.

Thanks - T

Wife and I are thinking about Montana or possibly Idaho for houses. Gotta find a place with a good bike community for my line of work though.

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 16:38 Quote
Or Wyoming. Because no state income tax.

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 16:54 Quote
togood2die wrote:
IMO, Telluride is top three most beautiful places in the WORLD to me

Not to mention that the lift assisted bike park is 100% free!!

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
I’d have a hard time leaving this state, but there’s a real good chance I won’t be able to afford to continue living here. I’d look at Oregon as my first pick most likely.

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 22:05 Quote
seraph wrote:
togood2die wrote:
Self-explanatory example:

Hickenlooper et al in CO, banning mags, running Magpul out, alienating the "red" parts of the state, and having an unenforceable ban they can't do anything with...

I was stationed there for a couple years (in Aurora), and It was just starting to change in a big way.
Californians were coming into the state, bringing ideas and policies that changed the landscape, making life that much less enjoyable for those still stuck there.

IMO, Telluride is top three most beautiful places in the WORLD to me, not even mentioning the Maroon Bells (Aspen, Snowmass, etc), Steamboat Springs, then the big boys for mountain biking, like Salida, Carbondale, Ouray, Crested Butte...
All these amazing places, and I'll not go back because I won't give tax $ to those jackholes.

On a side note, we're either going to buy here in W NC, or possibly look at Montana or Alaska, for a permanent homestead and estate.

Thanks - T

Wife and I are thinking about Montana or possibly Idaho for houses. Gotta find a place with a good bike community for my line of work though.

There's a lot that goes into these major moving decisions...
A mil svc buddy of mine lives near coeur d'Alene. He says it's getting bad there guns and politics wise. Lots of Cali transplants, and for the fella that said Oregon? Same thing. Gun wise, the three NW states are taking it in the butt from Cal's influence.
ANOTHER buddy, former airborne, wanted to move to Cody, WY, but there's no new influx of jobs and money there, like in ID or UT, and in UT you gotta be a Mormon to get anywhere in life.
Franky, we will probably stay in W NC. It's wonderful here, and if we do buy far enough toward the TN border, we'll get snow more too!

Thanks - T

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 0:03 Quote
We hate the snow, so we'd prefer to buy in a state or town that gets no snow ever. That's the nice part about the area of California we're in. It gets pretty cold and it rains a bit, but it's too low to get snow.

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 6:12 Quote
seraph wrote:
We hate the snow, so we'd prefer to buy in a state or town that gets no snow ever. That's the nice part about the area of California we're in. It gets pretty cold and it rains a bit, but it's too low to get snow.

I can understand that.
My Texan friends were comically posting "LITERALLY SHAKING RN" b/c of ice and snow... The warm weather crowd really does prefer to keep it that way.

Thanks - T

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 10:38 Quote
seraph wrote:

Oddly enough, I've seen it snow in Phoenix twice in twenty years.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 12:05 Quote
Got to shoot a Walther PPQ for the first and oh man did I like it. Very comfortable, phenomenal trigger, and super accurate. Looked up reviews and others seem to say the same. I think it'll be my first pistol next year.

Anyone who has or hasn't owned one have thoughts on it?

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 12:08 Quote
Those things feel amazing in the hand, would love to shoot one.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 12:09 Quote
I think my only firearms from here on out are going to be built from 80% lowers.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
seraph wrote:
I think my only firearms from here on out are going to be built from 80% lowers.

Do you guys need a permit of some sort to just own and go to the range with a pistol you built yourself?

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Do you guys need a permit of some sort to just own and go to the range with a pistol you built yourself?

Nope. They need to be serialized after a certain date though.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
seraph wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Nope. They need to be serialized after a certain date though.

Do you have to register the serial number?

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 14:41 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
Got to shoot a Walther PPQ for the first and oh man did I like it. Very comfortable, phenomenal trigger, and super accurate. Looked up reviews and others seem to say the same. I think it'll be my first pistol next year.

Anyone who has or hasn't owned one have thoughts on it?

I like and have the p99. I’d like to feel the ppq trigger though. I think Walthers are comfy accurate guns.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.091815
Mobile Version of Website