The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 17:56 Quote
Ah, so I see. No, he just makes a lot of stuff out of leather and kydex.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 18:30 Quote
We use a huge amount of Kydex in a bunch of different colors. A lot of times we will throw out pieces that aren't big enough for us to use but still plenty big for these types of projects.

I should go dumpster diving and open an eBay store!

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 18:50 Quote
Cheap way to make extra cash I guess. lol My friend does blacksmith stuff; hatchets, knives, and all that fun stuff, so knows how to do kydex and leather sheaths. Has made a couple holsters too. Need a CC one for my G37 seeing as my brother got me a laser for Christmas and need a new one. Wanted Kydex for the S&W just due to the fact I can get Kryptek Highlander Kydex and it’ll be matchy matchy to my gun.

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 18:04 Quote
Do you guys have any experience shipping guns. If say I buy this gun I want on vacation in Alaska can I ship it myself in Colorado or will I have to go through an FFL?

Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 18:51 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
Do you guys have any experience shipping guns. If say I buy this gun I want on vacation in Alaska can I ship it myself in Colorado or will I have to go through an FFL?

If you are the owner of the gun you can ship it through USPS to yourself. I dealt with this stuff with my dad bringing guns back from Texas.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 4:38 Quote
Seconded. I've done the same.

look up the regs on it, so if you get a moron at the post office you can back yourself up.

Thanks - T

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 6:17 Quote
And get the shipping insurance!

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 17:04 Quote
Thanks for the info! I found a ton of cool stuff on the gun classifieds up here. I just didn’t want to deal with checking anything I got on the plane which I understand is a PIA.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
Thanks for the info! I found a ton of cool stuff on the gun classifieds up here. I just didn’t want to deal with checking anything I got on the plane which I understand is a PIA.
Not leaving Alaska... it was a pain checking my weapons at LAX on the way out but smooth as f*ck coming back. Took like 90 minutes in CA, like 5 minutes in AK lol.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 5:42 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mountainbiker929 wrote:
Not leaving Alaska... it was a pain checking my weapons at LAX on the way out but smooth as f*ck coming back. Took like 90 minutes in CA, like 5 minutes in AK lol.

I’m sure AK airports are used to it. Not many people got to LA to hunt lol.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 7:39 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
mountainbiker929 wrote:

I’m sure AK airports are used to it. Not many people got to LA to hunt lol.

Tejon Ranch for elk. Not sure what else is down here.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
StUone7 wrote:

Liberals?

Though I'm pretty sure I wouldn't eat any. Yuk!

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 7:57 Quote
Mountain-Dalek wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Liberals?

I mean, I’m the actual city sure, but some of the surrounding areas I think you’d be surprised. Not quite like where I live I don’t think up around San Francisco.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Mountain-Dalek wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Liberals?

I mean, I’m the actual city sure, but some of the surrounding areas I think you’d be surprised. Not quite like where I live I don’t think up around San Francisco.

As in the liberals outside the city might be good to eat? lol

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:

Same as others. After you buy you can ship to yourself or fly with it which coming out of Alaska they’re probably used to. You’ll only be able to have long guns transferred to you out of state. Handguns will have to go FFL to FFL

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013623
Mobile Version of Website