The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 7:14 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
So........ Will more than likely be getting a Ruger Single Action .44 in the near future. Friend of mine from work is buying my Vortex Razor from me for $1450 plus his .44. Pretty sweet deal.

BlackHawk?

Ruger's Super Blackhawk line is one of the best guns I've ever owned. I adore mine. 44 Mag of course!

Thanks - T

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 12:09 Quote
togood2die wrote:
cougar797 wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:
So........ Will more than likely be getting a Ruger Single Action .44 in the near future. Friend of mine from work is buying my Vortex Razor from me for $1450 plus his .44. Pretty sweet deal.

BlackHawk?

Ruger's Super Blackhawk line is one of the best guns I've ever owned. I adore mine. 44 Mag of course!

Thanks - T

I’d love to have one. I’ve got a family member who has one and I really like it. It’s a cannon for sure but you feel like you have plenty of gun in the woods.

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 13:21 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
togood2die wrote:
cougar797 wrote:

BlackHawk?

Thanks - T

I’d love to have one. I’ve got a family member who has one and I really like it. It’s a cannon for sure but you feel like you have plenty of gun in the woods.
Eh. That’s what my 460V is for. Same amount of recoil as a .44, but more managble due to having a Hogue grip and not being a ‘cowboy’ style handle.

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 19:10 Quote
just got all my parts for a Polymer80 Glock17 build. I've got everything done but I ordered the wrong barrel from Cheaper than Dirt. I ordered one for a g17l so now I'm waiting for the right one to come in. I'm pretty stoked, it feels way nicer than I expected.

Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 19:20 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
cougar797 wrote:
togood2die wrote:

Thanks - T

Eh. That’s what my 460V is for. Same amount of recoil as a .44, but more managble due to having a Hogue grip and not being a ‘cowboy’ style handle.

I’m not going to lie, your pistol would make me nervous the first few squeezes.

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
Ok gang,
Need some advice. Thinking of selling a couple of my guns in private sales. What’s some good tips for doing it?

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 15:27 Quote
Easiest is gun shop consignment... ....but you'll get the lowest return.

Otherwise, I'd just post on whatever your local shooters forums are or put the word out to embittered vets... then use gun shop for and required paperwork for whatever type of gun you're selling.

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 18:45 Quote
Post on a forum buy/sell or if selling privately and within your own state make sure to check ID to see same state and age. Maybe get his name and other info down as well as the serial number of the firearm. Ask him if he is prohibited to buy or possess firearms. Can't think of much else? (I'm not a lawyer).

Posted: Sep 13, 2018 at 7:43 Quote
1. Use reputable sites (if you haven't already found buyers) for posting. GunsAmerica, GunBroker, etc.
2. Without looking it up, I already know Wyoming is a fairly lax gun law state, so selling private party shouldn't be an issue.
3. Ask to see an ID, and record the entirety of the data on it. If the person doesn't like that, skedaddle.
4. Be smart about how they'll pay you, common sense helps here.
5. BILL OF SALE, b/c if the dude goes and kills someone, your paperwork is the only disconnect between your original NICS-linked purchase from wherever you got it through you to the crazy guy.
6. As ctmtb98 said, ask about prohibition.
7. If you want to do things through a gun shop, by all means do so. It can help sometimes.

Thanks, T

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 1:36 Quote
Ehh, if some dude started recording my info buying a gun I'd tell them to piss off and I'd walk away from the sale, and I deal with a lot more restrictions than Wyoming.

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 5:27 Quote
When ballistics from a murder 100 miles away come back with your gun on it, how do you prove you don't own it anymore without info and a BOS?
I'm not asking to be an ass, I'm asking because dudes have had their lives either damaged or at the very least, incredibly inconvenienced b/c of lack of due diligence.
As much as it's your right and mine to buy something without someone's nose in our butts, it's also that person's right to secure their sales and actions surrounding with proper record-keeping.

Thanks - T

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 16:28 Quote
How would the government know it was my gun to begin with?

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 16:43 Quote
If they were able to get the serial number off of it, they could potentially trace it from manufacturer to where it was distributed and then sold. I worked at Academy selling guns and they store the purchase forms for 20 or so years. So there’s a paper trail that can be followed even without a national registration database, but whether or not they will go through the effort of doing that is another question.

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 6:08 Quote
As a witness to at least two cases like this, liberal jurisdictions do this, whenever they can spare the money.
Yes, it is complicated and can be prohibitively time consuming, but it happens.

Generally speaking, I have recorded name and address of the buyer, nothing more. My comment re; EVERYTHING on the ID was a bit overbearing, b/c I don't care how much the dude weighs or his eye color...
But I've never had a buyer object, and I've never forced one to go to a 3rd party gun shop to handle it, nor have I had that forced on me.

Thanks, T

P.S. Building a new 6.5 Grendel starting this weekend!

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 7:40 Quote
Here in California it is law that all private sales be done through a gun shop unfortunately.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018246
Mobile Version of Website