The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
I just spent that much on a new G19 slide and some flashlights from Olight. Also picked up a Recover Tactical 20/20 brace which is a lot of fun so far.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
seraph wrote:
I just spent that much on a new G19 slide and some flashlights from Olight. Also picked up a Recover Tactical 20/20 brace which is a lot of fun so far.
I kinda want a 9MM pistol, but with ammo the way it is, I’m not unhappy with stupid calibers.
Also, shot the Springfield Hellcat last weekend while my brother was in town. Not a bad gun. Like the sights a lot.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 4:00 Quote
So, Aero is coming out with a PCC. And comes in 9mm, .40, 10mm, and .45 ACP.
And runs Glock mags. So I will 100% be buying the 10mm, and wouldn't mind a .45 ACP as well.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
If those were gonna be making their way to CA I would for sure get a 9mm one. I have a few 33-rd Glock mags from Freedom week that would be sweet in there.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
So speaking of AR pistols. I have about 90% of the parts I need on the way to build my first... In 458 Socom. .... cause I felt like a compact sized slug dispenser of destruction would be fun.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
One day I want to have a .50 Beowulf AR pistol for sure.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 4:20 Quote
If I’m getting a straight walled .45 or .50 to shoot from my shoulder, going to be a Marlin or Big Horn Armory.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 6:34 Quote
seraph wrote:

I thought about the 50 but I just think the socom will feed better being bottlenecked slightly. Plus 458 cal bullets are cheaper then the 500s

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
seraph wrote:

I thought about the 50 but I just think the socom will feed better being bottlenecked slightly. Plus 458 cal bullets are cheaper then the 500s

I don't care about cost of ammo. Nothing about a short-barreled .50 Beowulf pistol setup is practical or useful. Just a whim build. It's like very very bottom of my list.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 10:31 Quote
seraph wrote:
cougar797 wrote:
seraph wrote:

I don't care about cost of ammo. Nothing about a short-barreled .50 Beowulf pistol setup is practical or useful. Just a whim build. It's like very very bottom of my list.

After having shot a big bore AR I can confidently say you’ll get more man giggle per dollar over anything else. Very cost practical really. Smile

I want mine to pack around the farm on piggy patrol. (And watch steel plates rock like crazy). It will weigh nothing but they are literal sledgehammers.

They are fantastic 100yd haunting rigs too. I’d argue they are as useful as 5.56 for the average dude.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
seraph wrote:
cougar797 wrote:

After having shot a big bore AR I can confidently say you’ll get more man giggle per dollar over anything else. Very cost practical really. Smile

I want mine to pack around the farm on piggy patrol. (And watch steel plates rock like crazy). It will weigh nothing but they are literal sledgehammers.

They are fantastic 100yd haunting rigs too. I’d argue they are as useful as 5.56 for the average dude.

Because I am a weirdo I will probably set mine up for "home defense" lol Short barrel, laser sight, irons, high lumen flashlight.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 10:43 Quote
Dude that’s not weird at all. One of those would wreck someone with one round. That’s what 458 was built to do. One round and dropped. 12.7mm would be the same concept. Different league entirely from 5.56 in the ability to stop something that draws breath.

Plus you know it’s a .50 and that’s just cool.

My 10.5” barrel came today!

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 10:48 Quote
cougar797 wrote:
Dude that’s not weird at all. One of those would wreck someone with one round. That’s what 458 was built to do. One round and dropped. 12.7mm would be the same concept. Different league entirely from 5.56 in the ability to stop something that draws breath.

Plus you know it’s a .50 and that’s just cool.

My 10.5” barrel came today!

Yay gun parts!

In the meantime I think I am going to build a Mk.18 upper for my .223 AR pistol. Maybe get one of those Maxim Defense collapsible PDW braces as well. Kinda spice it up a little. I already have a Surefire Socom muzzle brake so I could run a Warden to look extra tacticool. lol

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 11:52 Quote
I should have my 7 Rem mag build barrel finally come in this next month too. It’s been nearly 6 months....

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 22:28 Quote
If I could have an AR, I have a real sweet spot for the Mark 12 mod 0 from PRI. It just looks too awesome.

Having something in .458 or .50 for home defense seems like it might be a bad idea, those slugs will go through the bad guy, the couch he is hiding behind, the wall behind him and the car parked outside and still have some energy left.

(Like anyone would give some a*shole the chance to hide behind a couch! But anyway)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028407
Mobile Version of Website