The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 3:29 Quote
chaserider wrote:
If I could have an AR, I have a real sweet spot for the Mark 12 mod 0 from PRI. It just looks too awesome.

Having something in .458 or .50 for home defense seems like it might be a bad idea, those slugs will go through the bad guy, the couch he is hiding behind, the wall behind him and the car parked outside and still have some energy left.

(Like anyone would give some a*shole the chance to hide behind a couch! But anyway)

Yep those PRI tubes and upper rails just look sweet.

They make lighter fragmenting bullets for everything. Not saying the 500gr hard cast is your people load lol. It’d work though I’m sure.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 4:58 Quote
That’s why I’m all about PCC for home defense. Have a red dot, not too much over penetration with let’s say, a .45 coming out of a 11” barrel or something.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 6:47 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
That’s why I’m all about PCC for home defense. Have a red dot, not too much over penetration with let’s say, a .45 coming out of a 11” barrel or something.

Yep. I have a 4" barrel with a suppressor on my 9mm PCC, short, stumpy, easy to swing, and quiet. It's the best home defense.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Yep. I have a 4" barrel with a suppressor on my 9mm PCC, short, stumpy, easy to swing, and quiet. It's the best home defense.

Bet that thing can be ran fast!

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Isn’t a 4” barrel just a pistol with extra steps at that point? lol

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 7:53 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
marxthekittah wrote:

Isn’t a 4” barrel just a pistol with extra steps at that point? lol

yup, but with much better accuracy.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 5:36 Quote
So I was just curious:
How many people here are cross eye dominant? I’m right handed/left eyed. So with long guns, I shoot left handed, but all my long guns are right handed guns. That isn’t really an issue, except with bolt actions, which isn’t an issue too much in of itself, as I’m either range shooting, or with hunting, I’ll only likely get one shot.

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
So I was just curious:
How many people here are cross eye dominant? I’m right handed/left eyed. So with long guns, I shoot left handed, but all my long guns are right handed guns. That isn’t really an issue, except with bolt actions, which isn’t an issue too much in of itself, as I’m either range shooting, or with hunting, I’ll only likely get one shot.

I’m pretty sure that means you have no soul... probably have red hair too Smile

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 22:08 Quote
Learn to shoot with both eyes open, problem solved.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006421
Mobile Version of Website