How to make your bike faster

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
How to make your bike faster
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 6:11 Quote
steel rims add speed 2 becuase its more momentum

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 6:46 Quote
simple no brakes and rocket engine

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:25 Quote
tho one thing you could do to make it roll better get some hope proII hubs with some really good bearings

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:28 Quote
troy lee stickers DUH!!

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:31 Quote
oh and pokemon card to give it a rough sound

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:33 Quote
only thing I haven't seen really is maybe ceramic bearings?

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:33 Quote
im not going to stoop to the level of these idiots... Rolleyes

if you want to invest in a new wheelset, i wouldnt lace the 721s to your stock hubs, you can get some great deals on hope proII

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:36 Quote
to all the guys who are saying stupid things like "pokemon cards" or those barbie bar end strings, he's asking a question that he wants a serious answer to. (how to make his bike roll faster and farther) don't get me wrong, i get that it's meant for humor and i have laughed at most of them myself but this tread has almost completely gone off topic. if you guys don't stop or at least greatly reduce your semi-off topic humor, his thread will be deleted and he won't get the answer he's looking for. he seems to be asking this question in a nice, fair way so don't get it locked for him.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:39 Quote
freestylerider19 wrote:
LOOSE SOME WEIGHT!!
i'll let that one go so i don't sound like a complete A-hole.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:41 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
freestylerider19 wrote:
LOOSE SOME WEIGHT!!
yeah it was a joke incase you didnt noticeEek

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:43 Quote
freestylerider19 wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
freestylerider19 wrote:
LOOSE SOME WEIGHT!!
yeah it was a joke incase you didnt noticeEek
okay, sorry. it's a little hard to detect sarcasm on the computer. no worries man.

Edit: in case you couldn't tell, it hasn't been the best day for me.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 15:59 Quote
I also have a question, ...What way makes you go faster. if you have ur weight back, in the middle, or at the back...? I just wanna know for interest. How would you go faster like where should your weight be, your centre of balance, and crouched, straight, on the seat, behind the seat, or what!?

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 16:04 Quote
rideabicycle wrote:
I also have a question, ...What way makes you go faster. if you have ur weight back, in the middle, or at the back...? I just wanna know for interest. How would you go faster like where should your weight be, your centre of balance, and crouched, straight, on the seat, behind the seat, or what!?
say your just flying down a paved hill, you will go fastest with your ass on the seat crouched over and haveing your hands right next to the stem. that's all aerodynamics. if your doing a rough downhill corse, theoretically your weight should be centered but usually you have to lean back or your going to eat it hard. just ride by feel and you will go fast. if you're uncomfortable in your posistiong, you won't feel confident and you will go slower.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 16:11 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
rideabicycle wrote:
say your just flying down a paved hill, you will go fastest with your ass on the seat crouched over and haveing your hands right next to the stem. that's all aerodynamics. if your doing a rough downhill corse, theoretically your weight should be centered but usually you have to lean back or your going to eat it hard. just ride by feel and you will go fast. if you're uncomfortable in your posistiong, you won't feel confident and you will go slower.

Okay, thanks alot, just a random question. Good to know

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012635
Mobile Version of Website