****canfield brother bike ****

PB Forum :: Downhill
****canfield brother bike ****
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 4:23 Quote
has anybody had any expierence with the jedi f1 downhill bike,can you tell me the negatives about the bike,and is there any weak points on the frame that is prone to cracking???? :Cool :

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 15:54 Quote
I am pretty biast, and only have limited usage so far, but to answer the question briefly, NO. I have not heard or seen one review of the Jedi cracking or failing at any point. They are insanely engineered & the bearings are bombproof.

"On 1-21-08 we broke Chris' bike in a testing machine. We first took it too 2700 lbs of bottom out load. Didn't break, so we "side load" tested it. Starting with 120 kg (265 lbs) and cycling it 10,000 times, then repeating while adding another 10 kg per 10,000 cycles, it went 8388 cycles at 180 KG (397 lbs)! 78,388 total cycles. The resulting failure was attributed to the testing machines inability to simulate real world conditions. The bike showed it had no weak points and could handle far above what nearly all riders could cause"

Thats a quote from here on pinkbike, it's Lance (canfield) who wrote it. Pretty amazing numbers.

Nothing but flaming chili's on MTBRreview: http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/downhill-full-suspension/canfield-brothers/formula-1-jedi/PRD_417957_1542crx.aspx

Sorry, I could carry on about the canfield bikes. These guys are leaps and bounds beyond most companies, each jedi frame is assembled by chris himself.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007981
Mobile Version of Website