The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:47 Quote
poosk wrote:
ltrotor wrote:
What trails will be closed this weekend for the Enduro event?

nice try! haha

The very nature of enduro racing requires quite a few trails to be utilized. To limit impact to our riders who aren't planning on racing, our planned start time for the race will be 8am and the Bike Park will remain closed to the public until 12:30pm. At that point the majority of riders should be finished or will be in the very last stages, and we will be able to open the trails to the general public for the remainder of the day.

Since we're moving to summer hours on Friday, the Bike Park is scheduled to be open until 8pm on Sunday which will still give everyone a lot of time to ride as long as the weather plays along. When we looked at our options, this was the best, and safest, course of action as a series of staffed intersections on multiple stages would open up too many opportunities for incidents.

This plan will be going out as part of a larger newsletter to our full email list in the next day or two, and we'll also be posting about the late opening on social media and the website leading up to the event.

There is still some incentive to get to the Bike Park early on Sunday too. The race organizer is looking for volunteers, and all volunteers will receive a voucher for a comp downhill day ticket to be used this summer. If you're interested in volunteering, please email elangman@bluemountain.ca

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:59 Quote
How was the rain today? Possible to have any runs open tomorrow (wed)? It's sunny down here now.

Thx

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 14:19 Quote
bebs wrote:
How was the rain today? Possible to have any runs open tomorrow (wed)? It's sunny down here now.

Thx

We received a total of about 2.5mm today according to the Resort Weather Station. There was a blast this morning, and another one shortly after lunch. Here's a link to the Weather Station where you can see the detailed data.

What does that mean for the trails? We were hopeful that we might get something open today, but the afternoon shower pretty much canned any chance of that. The forecast looks clear overnight and tomorrow, so we might be able to get a few runs open before the end of the day, but it's hard for me to say since I haven't been out to see the trails first hand today.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 17:57 Quote
Can we register the day of the event (enduro) ?

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 18:06 Quote
inverted180 wrote:

Yes, registration will be open 7-8am on Sunday.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 14:03 Quote
bluemtnbikepark wrote:
inverted180 wrote:

Is there a racer information package coming soon for the enduro? e.g. http://mailchi.mp/6b901d162116/crowsnestpassrace

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
strain wrote:
bluemtnbikepark wrote:
inverted180 wrote:

Is there a racer information package coming soon for the enduro? e.g. http://mailchi.mp/6b901d162116/crowsnestpassrace

Looks like the BC Enduro team sent it out earlier this afternoon... http://mailchi.mp/6fc940081cb0/bluemountainenduro

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 14:20 Quote
bluemtnbikepark wrote:
strain wrote:
bluemtnbikepark wrote:

Looks like the BC Enduro team sent it out earlier this afternoon... http://mailchi.mp/6fc940081cb0/bluemountainenduro

Err, should have checked my email first. Carry on and keep enduro'ing. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 10:00 Quote
So if weather holds up, saturday should be good to bike? Nothing last minute occurring?

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 10:03 Quote
bartb wrote:
So if weather holds up, saturday should be good to bike?

It has been raining here all day.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 15:23 Quote
bartb wrote:
So if weather holds up, saturday should be good to bike? Nothing last minute occurring?

It is wet, I doubt it.

Unless you just rip the greens

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
bartb wrote:

It is wet, I doubt it.

Dang
Won't bother then. Its a bit of a drive from London.

:-(

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 5:38 Quote
bartb wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
bartb wrote:

It is wet, I doubt it.

Dang
Won't bother then. Its a bit of a drive from London.

:-(

I'm in the same boat man, 3 and a half hours for me from sudbury

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 5:50 Quote
With all the rain yesterday and today, I have my doubts anything will be open on Saturday. Here is hoping that things dry out enough overnight and Saturday to make the race feasible on Sunday.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 6:16 Quote
is there a possibility the enduro will be cancelled because of weather? Or will they just go ahead anyways?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014239
Mobile Version of Website