The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 15:26 Quote
What's the minimum amount of "bike" that you'd ride at Blue? I've got a 26" dirtjumper with 100mm of travel that I'd love to try out there, but is the terrain gonna toss me around too much?

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
Ontario123 wrote:
What's the minimum amount of "bike" that you'd ride at Blue? I've got a 26" dirtjumper with 100mm of travel that I'd love to try out there, but is the terrain gonna toss me around too much?

Dude I've seen guys ride around with walmart bikes. You need knobby tires and brakes all around as fat as I know but I don't recommend a DJ at blue

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 15:37 Quote
If you're running down H2O all day a djer seems like a good idea to me.

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 16:39 Quote
Ontario123 wrote:

Go bring your bike regardless and enjoy the day. I saw a guy a few weeks back on a suoercycle. Cool thing was...he was getting a ton of attention by having it there haha

I'll be bringing my hard tail out to try it next year.

Dooo it

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 21:45 Quote
Ontario123 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXN63EOB0HH/?taken-by=peopleofbmbp
you do need front and rear brakes and knobby tires

"EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Not all bikes are created equal, and not all bikes are suitable for use on our trail network. To ensure the safety of our guests, we have some minimum requirements and recommendations for the type of equipment allowed on our trails. If your equipment does not meet these requirements, you will not be permitted to board the gondola.

DOWNHILL TRAILS
Tires Knobby (semi-slicks not permitted)
Brakes Front and Rear (disc brakes recommended)
Helmet Full-face or Open-face (full-face recommended)"

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 10:18 Quote
Brutal, the front brake is the deal breaker (no rotor mount on my front hub). Probably for the best.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 18:10 Quote
Ontario123 wrote:
Brutal, the front brake is the deal breaker (no rotor mount on my front hub). Probably for the best.

F that. Dj's and hardtails are great at blue. Teaches you not to MASH threw shit and choose a proper LINE.

"Disc brakes recommended" throw a rim brake on that bitch and ride 'er!

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 5:11 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
Ontario123 wrote:

F that. Dj's and hardtails are great at blue. Teaches you not to MASH threw shit and choose a proper LINE.

It probably doesn't have a spot on the fork to mount a rim brake.

I have the same problem with my slope bike, honestly the only trail that's better on a jump bike is haole because you can actually make all the jumps easily. H20 is best on a dh bike IMO. Especially since it's extremely rough on the lower and last sections for a jump line trail...

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
PJD1 wrote:
Ontario123 wrote:

It probably doesn't have a spot on the fork to mount a rim brake.

I have the same problem with my slope bike, honestly the only trail that's better on a jump bike is haole because you can actually make all the jumps easily. H20 is best on a dh bike IMO. Especially since it's extremely rough on the lower and last sections for a jump line trail...

Hadn't thought of the mounting spot, been working on vintage bikes lately. Lol.

It must have some sort of brake mount though, what fork ever came out without one?

Iunno my 2cents, go for it! I have more fun on squeeker, oh chute, haole, embryo, grab bag on my hard tail then I do on my enduro! It is a bit hard on the knees back and wrist though these days, once and a while thing.

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 7:56 Quote
His fork is probably disc brake post mount, and hub with no rotor mount. Hence no brake possible.

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 8:46 Quote
This weekends weather looks friggen amazing.

Will be there on Saturday!

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 12:15 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
His fork is probably disc brake post mount, and hub with no rotor mount. Hence no brake possible.

Touché!

Weathers been dry in blue last two days hot as hell and dry. I bet all open this weekend!

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
bartb wrote:
This weekends weather looks friggen amazing.

Will be there on Saturday!

+1

Looking at a Humidex of 36 on Saturday.
Gonna be a scorcher.

Don't forget lots of ice and water bois!!
...and a little frosty sumthin fer after teh ride.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 20:14 Quote
beauty day at blue today! haole has to be my fave run in ON, prob last go down blue for 2017 for me, such good times, thanks blue!!!

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 7:51 Quote
Anyone hear whether Blue will be offering an end of season price for next years' passes?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017236
Mobile Version of Website