The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 17:47 Quote
Fingers crossed for no rain, it’s going to be close!

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 4:58 Quote
What's the weather like did it rain up there?
How's closing day looking?

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering , it's rainy here an hour south of blue

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 6:45 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Dry where I am about 30 min west of Blue. Looks like everything stayed well to the south based on the weather radar. Trail Report listing 6 trails open to start the day.

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 7:02 Quote
bluemtnbikepark wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Dry where I am about 30 min west of Blue. Looks like everything stayed well to the south based on the weather radar. Trail Report listing 6 trails open to start the day.

Salute

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 3:13 Quote
Thanks for another great season blue crew !

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 5:28 Quote
season went by too fast.
Views: 294    Faves: 1    Comments: 3

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 7:07 Quote
Thanks again from all of us here to everyone that rode with us this summer! I just wanted to reach out to invite all of you to share any feedback that you had on the season. Feel free to touch on anything that is included in the list below, or if there's something I forgot be sure to let me know!

EVENTS
- East Coast Open Canada Cup
- Canadian National Enduro Series
- Tuesday Night Race Series
- Rider Appreciation Day

TRAILWORK
- Reopening of Waterfall and The Wall
- New option lines (Hot Beverage and TBDH)
- Showcase extension to bottom
- Fresh Air rebuild
- Lower H2O rebuild

One item that I'd like to address is the carryover of the Freeride Assessment. Unfortunately, there were some hiccups getting this process implemented this season. Some of them were things we could work around, but there were other issues that we couldn't have accounted for. I won't get too far into it, but the new process will be up and running for the launch of Season Passes in the spring for anyone who is over the age of 18 and completed the Freeride Assessment this year.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 7:17 Quote
TRAILWORK
rode them more this year than i did when they used to be opened

they were good

i like the old section at the bottom being reopened its a fun section and so much faster coming across the open ski hill at the bottom

- Fresh Air rebuild
good

- Lower H2O rebuild
i liked the bigger jumps

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 8:11 Quote
bluemtnbikepark wrote:
Thanks again from all of us here to everyone that rode with us this summer! I just wanted to reach out to invite all of you to share any feedback that you had on the season. Feel free to touch on anything that is included in the list below, or if there's something I forgot be sure to let me know!

EVENTS
- East Coast Open Canada Cup -- Great to have an event of this calibre at Blue.
- Canadian National Enduro Series - Actually considering registering for this event, should it return!
- Tuesday Night Race Series - Always fun, good crowd, nice to ride the 'lower' trails.
- Rider Appreciation Day - Wasn't able to make it, but looked to be a good time. More stuff like this please!

TRAILWORK
- Reopening of Waterfall and The Wall - Yes!
- New option lines (Hot Beverage and TBDH) - Yes!
- Showcase extension to bottom - Yes!
- Fresh Air rebuild - Love the work on this trail, so smooth!
- Lower H2O rebuild - Bigger jumps ftw! First time I rode it after the rebuild I was pleasantly surprised.

One item that I'd like to address is the carryover of the Freeride Assessment. Unfortunately, there were some hiccups getting this process implemented this season. Some of them were things we could work around, but there were other issues that we couldn't have accounted for. I won't get too far into it, but the new process will be up and running for the launch of Season Passes in the spring for anyone who is over the age of 18 and completed the Freeride Assessment this year.

See my comments inline above. All in all it was a great season despite the challenging weather. Hopefully we finally see the opening of Southern Comfort for riding next year! Smile Smile Smile

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 12:56 Quote
bluemtnbikepark wrote:

EVENTS
- East Coast Open Canada Cup
- Canadian National Enduro Series
- Tuesday Night Race Series
- Rider Appreciation Day

TRAILWORK
- Fresh Air rebuild
- Lower H2O rebuild

The Enduro was awesome please bring back! ( Also maybe do a mini blue mountain enduro on a weekend? 5 bucks in and win a shirt kinda deal?)

The new trails are always welcome and the wall is a treat.

Thanks again for doing some great work with all the obvious restrains you guys deal with.

oh and just because please please please berm up the flat corners on the 'blue collector' at the top - it kills speed and is a nightmare tbh

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 16:29 Quote
bluemtnbikepark wrote:

TRAILWORK
- Fresh Air rebuild
- Lower H2O rebuild

One item that I'd like to address is the carryover of the Freeride Assessment. .

Reopening of old trails and the new option lines are cool. Any new trail(s) is always a bonus.

Showcase and Fresh air changes are great. Haole seemed to be running great too.

I hate saying this but the lower part of H2O didnt live up to my expectations for gravity logic. Maybe it's just the clay dirt or the bad rain after being built but it's definitely not that confidence inspiring.

A three pack of tables on Haole would make me happy.

Freeride assessment is not that big of a deal....will be nice when we can carry it over though.

thanks for a rad season.

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 19:00 Quote
countdown for next season begins

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:47 Quote
did the rain this week have much effect on the trails?? what is the chances of h20 being open saturday??
i need to boost

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:49 Quote
elepizzle wrote:
did the rain this week have much effect on the trails?? what is the chances of h20 being open saturday??
i need to boost

Season is done for unfortunately. Too had it doesn't stay open till early November

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:53 Quote
elepizzle wrote:
i need to boost

lol, you're in denial man!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015475
Mobile Version of Website