The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
Can you still get the pass at the ski side? Last year i got my pass at a different spot, took seconds

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 12:02 Quote
mgill wrote:
Can you still get the pass at the ski side? Last year i got my pass at a different spot, took seconds

Where do you speak of!?

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 16:00 Quote
Idk what spot it was, but i went to guest services like every year and they sent me to another builing. It was the best pass buying exp so far. Even didnt complain for a goofy pic

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
mgill wrote:
Idk what spot it was, but i went to guest services like every year and they sent me to another builing. It was the best pass buying exp so far. Even didnt complain for a goofy pic

And after that they let you use the south lift all day so you didn't have to ride across the top?

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
ltrotor wrote:
mgill wrote:

And after that they let you use the south lift all day so you didn't have to ride across the top?

No. All the lifts were running, but i didnt want to flatten my bike into a pair of skis so i just took the pass home and came back after the snow was gone....

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 19:12 Quote
mgill wrote:
ltrotor wrote:
mgill wrote:

No. All the lifts were running, but i didnt want to flatten my bike into a pair of skis so i just took the pass home and came back after the snow was gone....

They NEED to Start letting Ski bikes on the Hill in the Winter... need to get a Few together an Give Blue a Demo an Show they are Safe an easy to Ride....

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 19:49 Quote
nomesbit wrote:
They NEED to Start letting Ski bikes on the Hill in the Winter... need to get a Few together an Give Blue a Demo an Show they are Safe an easy to Ride....

Yeah as someone who skis in the winter I would not be down with ski bikes on the hill

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 12:36 Quote
erwick wrote:
nomesbit wrote:

Yeah as someone who skis in the winter I would not be down with ski bikes on the hill
Curious as to why? I'm sure most skiers felt this way when snowboards started. Although I know it would never be allowed. I've made one as well as a friend and it's amazing how well they work. Just saying

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
elepizzle wrote:
Curious as to why? I'm sure most skiers felt this way when snowboards started. Although I know it would never be allowed. I've made one as well as a friend and it's amazing how well they work. Just saying[/Quote]

Mostly just the logistics of getting them onto the lifts, especially when it's busy I can see it being a huge issue in the lines and putting the on the lift

Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 16:19 Quote
erwick wrote:
nomesbit wrote:

Ya agree as a snowboarder. Thats just a nightmare

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
erwick wrote:
elepizzle wrote:
Curious as to why? I'm sure most skiers felt this way when snowboards started. Although I know it would never be allowed. I've made one as well as a friend and it's amazing how well they work. Just saying

Mostly just the logistics of getting them onto the lifts, especially when it's busy I can see it being a huge issue in the lines and putting the on the lift[/Quote]
I was at blue Friday and saw a guy on a sit ski. How do those logistics work for you? They slowed the lift so he could get on. The following two groups were beginners, one of the group's had a guy sit on chair like 8 feet before redline. They stopped the lift. The second group behind them, two of them fell getting to the red line to load, again stopping the lift. So how will a bike make this any different?
Lift lines during ski season are due to the lack of people paying attention in line(me included) lack of direction from the lifty working the line (normally not the case as most blue lifties do a great job at this) and beginners. You see them with their rented jackets and jeans lol. All in all we will always wait in line for the lift. Ski bikes are fun. If anything a ski bike could potentially load faster. No skis or boards to be sliding around on all the icy mounds in line. Is it opening day yet???

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 12:20 Quote
elepizzle wrote:
I was at blue Friday and saw a guy on a sit ski. How do those logistics work for you? They slowed the lift so he could get on. The following two groups were beginners, one of the group's had a guy sit on chair like 8 feet before redline. They stopped the lift. The second group behind them, two of them fell getting to the red line to load, again stopping the lift. So how will a bike make this any different?
Lift lines during ski season are due to the lack of people paying attention in line(me included) lack of direction from the lifty working the line (normally not the case as most blue lifties do a great job at this) and beginners. You see them with their rented jackets and jeans lol. All in all we will always wait in line for the lift. Ski bikes are fun. If anything a ski bike could potentially load faster. No skis or boards to be sliding around on all the icy mounds in line. Is it opening day yet???

It's true that the lift does get slowed for sit skis, patrol sleds and people who don't know how to sit on a chair but that's not the norm. Introducing ski bikes increases the amount of time the lift is stopped. And as for the lines as they are right now, they're pretty terrible IMO, one out of three lifties has the confidence to actually raise their voice and form groups of eight. Usually they just alternate which line feeds into the lift with no direction. Just for reference I've got 30 days on my pass this winter and usually ski weekend nights and occasionally weekdays

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 18:07 Quote
erwick wrote:
and form groups of eight.
The other two just hang on. lolol.

Gotta say that ski bikes would create a logistic nightmare and definitely slow the lifts. If you've been skiing/snowboarding at blue on a weekend or holiday you know that the lines are already insane. Maybe there would be a solution but I dont know what that would look like.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 18:41 Quote
erwick wrote:
elepizzle wrote:

It's true that the lift does get slowed for sit skis, patrol sleds and people who don't know how to sit on a chair but that's not the norm. Introducing ski bikes increases the amount of time the lift is stopped. And as for the lines as they are right now, they're pretty terrible IMO, one out of three liftys has the confidence to actually raise their voice and form groups of eight. Usually they just alternate which line feeds into the lift with no direction. Just for reference I've got 30 days on my pass this winter and usually ski weekend nights and occasionally weekdays

There's also a big ass difference in slowing the lift line down so a paraplegic can enjoy his life and slowing it down because people want to ride ski bikes. And slowing it down for patrol carrying gear or w.e is also different then people wanting ski bikes. And people who don't know lifts just drive everyone threw the walls. So ski bikes, no. Just no. I can think of ways it could be possible but it would rely too much on people who already cant seem to well, sit lol.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 18:57 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
erwick wrote:
elepizzle wrote:

It's true that the lift does get slowed for sit skis, patrol sleds and people who don't know how to sit on a chair but that's not the norm. Introducing ski bikes increases the amount of time the lift is stopped. And as for the lines as they are right now, they're pretty terrible IMO, one out of three liftys has the confidence to actually raise their voice and form groups of eight. Usually they just alternate which line feeds into the lift with no direction. Just for reference I've got 30 days on my pass this winter and usually ski weekend nights and occasionally weekdays

There's also a big ass difference in slowing the lift line down so a paraplegic can enjoy his life and slowing it down because people want to ride ski bikes. And slowing it down for patrol carrying gear or w.e is also different then people wanting ski bikes. And people who don't know lifts just drive everyone threw the walls. So ski bikes, no. Just no. I can think of ways it could be possible but it would rely too much on people who already cant seem to well, sit lol.
. I ment absolutely no disrespect towards the sit ski. It was amazing to see see how he got through line and on the chair.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016193
Mobile Version of Website