The Official "Blue Mountain 2017" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2017" Thread
Author Message
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 5:48 Quote
elepizzle wrote:
PJD1 wrote:
erwick wrote:


It's true that the lift does get slowed for sit skis, patrol sleds and people who don't know how to sit on a chair but that's not the norm. Introducing ski bikes increases the amount of time the lift is stopped. And as for the lines as they are right now, they're pretty terrible IMO, one out of three liftys has the confidence to actually raise their voice and form groups of eight. Usually they just alternate which line feeds into the lift with no direction. Just for reference I've got 30 days on my pass this winter and usually ski weekend nights and occasionally weekdays

There's also a big ass difference in slowing the lift line down so a paraplegic can enjoy his life and slowing it down because people want to ride ski bikes. And slowing it down for patrol carrying gear or w.e is also different then people wanting ski bikes. And people who don't know lifts just drive everyone threw the walls. So ski bikes, no. Just no. I can think of ways it could be possible but it would rely too much on people who already cant seem to well, sit lol.
. I ment absolutely no disrespect towards the sit ski. It was amazing to see see how he got through line and on the chair.

Didn't think ya did no worries there mano, just saying its like apples and orange with that vs ski bikes. I could see it with hooks on the back of chairs like bc DH, but it would mean more lift attendants to hook the bikes up and take off, at the least take them off. Plus then the ppl in front of you have the bikes behind them

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 10:35 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
I could see it with hooks on the back of chairs like bc DH, but it would mean more lift attendants to hook the bikes up and take off, at the least take them off. Plus then the ppl in front of you have the bikes behind them

South chair in the summer pls

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 13:49 Quote
The 29" bikes have a hard time on the lift.

New bike carriers suitable for 29" wheels on south chair.

Also does anyone know why we just don't sit on the chair lift, why the bucket?

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 14:09 Quote
potato wrote:
Also does anyone know why we just don't sit on the chair lift, why the bucket?

Because tourists come first

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
Ahhh, the 360° view, guess that makes sense.

South chair can just use the chair lifts and some new bike carriers, cost savings.
Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 14:27 Quote
potato wrote:
Ahhh, the 360° view, guess that makes sense.

South chair can just use the chair lifts and some new bike carriers, cost savings.
Rolleyes

Or just some hooks

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 15:16 Quote
potato wrote:
The 29" bikes have a hard time on the lift.
+1 on making sure 29er bikes fit on the lift. All they have to do is cut the top piece off
on the wheel holder in the front then it should all be good.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 17:17 Quote
downhere67 wrote:
potato wrote:
The 29" bikes have a hard time on the lift.
+1 on making sure 29er bikes fit on the lift. All they have to do is cut the top piece off
on the wheel holder in the front then it should all be good.
I cringe when I see those poor dropper posts getting reffed on. Am I right Amar? "Dude the rear wheel, duuuuuuuddddeeeee! Duuuuuuuddddeeeee!"

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 4:54 Quote
mgill wrote:
potato wrote:
Ahhh, the 360° view, guess that makes sense.

South chair can just use the chair lifts and some new bike carriers, cost savings.
Rolleyes

Or just some hooks

Only down side to hooks is when the chair runs and you're hooking up your bike there's a tendency to hit a few spokes in bad ways...lol

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 9:49 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
mgill wrote:
potato wrote:
Ahhh, the 360° view, guess that makes sense.

South chair can just use the chair lifts and some new bike carriers, cost savings.
Rolleyes

Or just some hooks

Only down side to hooks is when the chair runs and you're hooking up your bike there's a tendency to hit a few spokes in bad ways...lol

They could make the hooks so they turn. But ya hate to have any damage other than self inflicted... and even then... bikes aren't cheap

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
Was the bike sale for sure in the fall? When I was up there in the summer they told me more likely spring.

Mod
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 10:59 Quote
elepizzle wrote:
downhere67 wrote:
potato wrote:
The 29" bikes have a hard time on the lift.
+1 on making sure 29er bikes fit on the lift. All they have to do is cut the top piece off
on the wheel holder in the front then it should all be good.
I cringe when I see those poor dropper posts getting reffed on. Am I right Amar? "Dude the rear wheel, duuuuuuuddddeeeee! Duuuuuuuddddeeeee!"


lol yeah... anyone interested in a bulk order of reverb rebuild kits?

+100 on modifying the lifts for 29ers #29forlife

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 11:13 Quote
They need to just deem the lift unusable for 29 and we are good. Wink

Every other park Ive been to has been the hanging bike method. We are just spoiled on Blues facilities. Would take shody lift, facilities and amazing trails any day.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 12:42 Quote
I used to take my 29er bike up the lift at blue, though it would sometimes need a stronger push/pull to get it in or out of the rack. Not enough to cause any damage, though I wasn't running a dropper.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 13:05 Quote
Might have been tire size, but I saw them stop the lift to get a 29er out once.
Most of the time it is just pulling harder.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020285
Mobile Version of Website