The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 17:41 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Hey guys, the bike below was stolen in Barrie today. Guy in the picture is the owner. If anyone sees it, please grab it or call the police. Can also call/text me at 9zero58zero62900.

It's a blue carbon Pivot mach 429. It has blue grips, a Black Tooth Grin sticker and a Giant dropper post.

photo

f*ck BIKE THIEVES Madder THEY GET ME SO MAD

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
erwick wrote:
jeff444 wrote:
drummerboi197 wrote:

That exact spot lmfao, came in too hot and slid into a rut, went sideways and got thrown off my bike
u all taking the wrong entrance

Real ones know Wink

Been down that way too, nearly died there also

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 19:13 Quote
drummerboi197 wrote:
erwick wrote:
jeff444 wrote:
u all taking the wrong entrance

Real ones know Wink

Been down that way too, nearly died there also

The Wall has a line like that, the right hand side on the main descent from the top. You can pop off both the ledges but will be coming out super hot in to those sharp rocks at the bottom...

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 4:11 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:
R-Shore is a great new addition, but would it not be a good idea to put in a berm at the top? The way it is set up now you have to slow down way to much going into the "bush".

Nah drop your foot skid er threw

I guess eventually we will create a berm

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 8:48 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:
PJD1 wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:
R-Shore is a great new addition, but would it not be a good idea to put in a berm at the top? The way it is set up now you have to slow down way to much going into the "bush".

It's got a way to go yet... pretty damned loose yesterday.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:
PJD1 wrote:

It's got a way to go yet... pretty damned loose yesterday.

It was better before they forced riders way to the outside, as long as you knew you had to slow down lol

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 4:52 Quote
I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this post...
I work for a large heavy civil construction company, and we have an open position in Collingwood.
If you have a technical background (CET, EIT etc.) OR 5+ years of construction management experience, and interest, please message me for details.
Thanks,
Devin

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 12:09 Quote
@BMBP: Any eta on lower h2o?

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 15:07 Quote
devingordon wrote:
I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this post...
I work for a large heavy civil construction company, and we have an open position in Collingwood.
If you have a technical background (CET, EIT etc.) OR 5+ years of construction management experience, and interest, please message me for details.
Thanks,
Devin

So you are looking for a coworker to do lunch laps with. Good luck in your search.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 5:54 Quote
So, bought my seasons pass, online with waiver. Picked up my seasons pass with "grandfathered" assessment Sticker, rode 2 days, now, yesterday I get an email from Blue stating that I now have to go back online to fill out another waiver for assessment (which didn't work on my mobile) or return to the assessment area to physically do the assessment AGAIN! Girl from guest services actually called me to state the ultimatum. The whole program shouldn't be so frustrating for guests, why can it not be just one waiver?

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 8:11 Quote
mattimo wrote:
So, bought my seasons pass, online with waiver. Picked up my seasons pass with "grandfathered" assessment Sticker, rode 2 days, now, yesterday I get an email from Blue stating that I now have to go back online to fill out another waiver for assessment (which didn't work on my mobile) or return to the assessment area to physically do the assessment AGAIN! Girl from guest services actually called me to state the ultimatum. The whole program shouldn't be so frustrating for guests, why can it not be just one waiver?

I think they're still ironing out the kinks as it is a new thing...

That being said, you can just pop into guest services your next time up and complete the second waiver on the iPads.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 9:22 Quote
mattimo wrote:
. Have sticker on your pass??? If so your gold. How is the guy at the top of the trail looking at your pass from 20 feet away going to know that yours is not valid? Keep shredding dude

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
elepizzle wrote:
mattimo wrote:
. Have sticker on your pass??? If so your gold. How is the guy at the top of the trail looking at your pass from 20 feet away going to know that yours is not valid? Keep shredding dude

This year they kept it on record if you passed the riding assessment however you had to do an additional waiver on the ipad by the cashiers, it's a legal thing, for their lawyers and insurance. Sounds like the cashier missed the check and just gave you yours and now they are back tracking.

As Lewis said, you could just ride and see what happens. Although since they've contacted you, and this forum is a record that you received said instructions they could cancel your pass I guess.

Perhaps the 30 second scroll of check boxes on the iPad is worth it?

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 17:13 Quote
ltrotor wrote:
elepizzle wrote:
mattimo wrote:

This year they kept it on record if you passed the riding assessment however you had to do an additional waiver on the ipad by the cashiers, it's a legal thing, for their lawyers and insurance. Sounds like the cashier missed the check and just gave you yours and now they are back tracking.

As Lewis said, you could just ride and see what happens. Although since they've contacted you, and this forum is a record that you received said instructions they could cancel your pass I guess.

Perhaps the 30 second scroll of check boxes on the iPad is worth it?

Then again a 5 minute jump and mini bridge isn't too bad either one lap down grab bag. I did it and they didn't even make me push up the hillXD

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 17:35 Quote
Ya it sucks but whatever honestly I'm so used to the stupid assessment it's really not a big deal. It's always let down after let down about not having to redo it but it's probably because of ontarios shitty liability laws. It doesn't matter how many times you sign a waiver you fall get hurt and can still sue.

Just part of the reason we all should move to bc

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018447
Mobile Version of Website