The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
This weekend is looking pristine! Given my summer plans I'm only going to make it out twice this year at the most unfortunately...

What's showcase looking like from the lift? Any estimate to when it'll be open?

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
I was there yesterday, nice and dry. I think 18 open by mid day.
Open trails were great, even collector so much better than last week, some mushy areas, dried ruts were a bit crazy in some areas. There was still a big mud pit right at the end of Embryo but everything before is good. Upper Haole was perfect, Grab, Raisin, Ridge, Fresh all very good.

Showcase is still bad, big puddles were it crosses under the lift. Lower section is cut apart by drainage rut and looks like quite a bit of work required.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
Yeah, i'm thinking Showcase will be a bit yet. That little step down where the drainage is about halfway down was completely wrecked by runoff. They'll need to get the machines in there for sure.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
Happy to see the extended period of sunny weather coming our way after tomorrow tho!

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
Thanks for the update...weather is looking great and there is good variety to ride anyways. Any one going on Thursday?

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 19:49 Quote
Riding was great today. Cool

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 20:08 Quote
How busy was it?
gonna try to go early tomorrow and be done when line gets really bad.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
potato wrote:
How busy was it?
gonna try to go early tomorrow and be done when line gets really bad.

Not bad at all. I rode from 1-7PM yesterday and never waited in line more than 5 mins.

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
Riding was also really nice today, perfect weather.
Wasn't busy until about 1pm.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
What’s the plan for blue cup with all the rain expected Thursday through Saturday?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:
What’s the plan for blue cup with all the rain expected Thursday through Saturday?

We are watching the weather just like everyone else and hoping for the best. Bike Park Manager and Patrol will be making a call on Friday afternoon at the earliest regarding the event, so expect more details then.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
bluemtnbikepark wrote:
Bluewater87 wrote:

We are watching the weather just like everyone else and hoping for the best. Bike Park Manager and Patrol will be making a call on Friday afternoon at the earliest regarding the event, so expect more details then.

Did the blue cup take place or was it postponed to another date?

Any idea when lower H2O will open up?
thx

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
Today was pretty solid honestly, some wet sketchy spots but overall real nice conditions.
Shoutout to the trail crew for finally fixing shotglass, its rideable once again.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
drummerboi197 wrote:
Today was pretty solid honestly, some wet sketchy spots but overall real nice conditions.
Shoutout to the trail crew for finally fixing shotglass, its rideable once again.

shotglass has always been ridable, Just sketchy, which made it more fun lol

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 17:11 Quote
littleman22 wrote:
drummerboi197 wrote:

shotglass has always been ridable, Just sketchy, which made it more fun lol

I couldnt ride it after east coast open lol too sketchy for me

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014901
Mobile Version of Website