The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
Hi guys - I’m trying to get a friend out riding DH for the first time, and Thursday is apparently the only day that works (people with kids are weird). With the rain expected through the day Wednesday, is there any reasonable chance of having some trails open Thursday?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
Hard to say, depends on how much rain actually falls.

Keep an eye on the trails list in the morning.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Hard to say, depends on how much rain actually falls.

Keep an eye on the trails list in the morning.

Any idea how early they update it? I’ve got a 2 hour drive.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
Think they start around 7 or 8 am

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:

Cheers.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
duncanstrohnd wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:

Cheers.

Sounds right 7-8am...but if theres only 4 trails open with wet spots, probably not the best for a first timer..

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
duncanstrohnd wrote:
Hi guys - I’m trying to get a friend out riding DH for the first time, and Thursday is apparently the only day that works (people with kids are weird). With the rain expected through the day Wednesday, is there any reasonable chance of having some trails open Thursday?

There is only a 60% chance of showers forecast, so it is very possible that there is no rain at all. I can provide an update tomorrow evening and let you know if we have received any rain here.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
duncanstrohnd wrote:

There is only a 60% chance of showers forecast, so it is very possible that there is no rain at all. I can provide an update tomorrow evening and let you know if we have received any rain here.

That's awesome - thanks man!

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
duncanstrohnd wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
duncanstrohnd wrote:

That's awesome - thanks man!

Looks like I jinxed it lol, a shower just rolled through. Barely enough to wet the pavement though and nothing to be concerned with.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
Double jinx, now it's pouring. Eek Facepalm

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 4:27 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:

lol - I don't think you ended up getting the 10-15mm forecast, and Blue is already reporting mostly open trails.

Thanks for doing that bud - much appreciated.

I'm off to make some sandwiches and then pick up a totally stoked friend!

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
duncanstrohnd wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:

lol - I don't think you ended up getting the 10-15mm forecast, and Blue is already reporting mostly open trails.

Thanks for doing that bud - much appreciated.

I'm off to make some sandwiches and then pick up a totally stoked friend!

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, we had some friends over and I totally forgot.

We didn't get any rain at all yesterday, just the rain on Tuesday. It's cooled off a lot here and the humidity has also dropped. Should be a perfect day to ride and they may likely open up more trails as the day goes on.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, we had some friends over and I totally forgot.

We didn't get any rain at all yesterday, just the rain on Tuesday. It's cooled off a lot here and the humidity has also dropped. Should be a perfect day to ride and they may likely open up more trails as the day goes on.

It was a perfect day yesterday - the whole park was open, and it stayed nice and cool with no lift lines. I love weekday park riding.

Thanks bud!

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 4:48 Quote
gregnbishop wrote:
Apologies for the spam, I'm not active in this thread anymore, have an upgraded 2009 Glory 0 for sale $900 if anyone is interested.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2630139/

No selling in the forums

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
gregnbishop wrote:
Apologies for the spam, I'm not active in this thread anymore, have an upgraded 2009 Glory 0 for sale $900 if anyone is interested.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2630139/

No selling in the forums
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015566
Mobile Version of Website