The Official "Blue Mountain 2019" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2019" Thread
Author Message
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
$299, calling it right now.


brent-ontario wrote:
2020 pricing is up on their website:

$299 March 6th-8th bike show special

$349 March 9th -May 15th

$449 after May15th

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
PoeticThreeD wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
$299, calling it right now.


brent-ontario wrote:
2020 pricing is up on their website:

$299 March 6th-8th bike show special

$349 March 9th -May 15th

$449 after May15th

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Alterra, ????Jacks prices on everything every year, how many more millions do you need?

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:35 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
PoeticThreeD wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
$299, calling it right now.


brent-ontario wrote:
2020 pricing is up on their website:

$299 March 6th-8th bike show special

$349 March 9th -May 15th

$449 after May15th

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Alterra, ????Jacks prices on everything every year, how many more millions do you need?

Same price as a pair of maxxis minions that you put on your 8000$ bike for 144 days of lift access... maybe they should raise the price more to bring it in line with reality because even at 450 it’s ridiculously cheap

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:37 Quote
rowlands wrote:
PJD1 wrote:
PoeticThreeD wrote:





Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Alterra, ????Jacks prices on everything every year, how many more millions do you need?

Same price as a pair of maxxis minions that you put on your 8000$ bike for 144 days of lift access... maybe they should raise the price more to bring it in line with reality because even at 450 it’s ridiculously cheap

Lol imagine spending $300+ tax on Minions.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
Ryan2949 wrote:
rowlands wrote:
PJD1 wrote:


Alterra, ????Jacks prices on everything every year, how many more millions do you need?

Same price as a pair of maxxis minions that you put on your 8000$ bike for 144 days of lift access... maybe they should raise the price more to bring it in line with reality because even at 450 it’s ridiculously cheap

Lol imagine spending $300+ tax on Minions.

I mean I ride high roller 2's and I'm not coming close to 300 for one set...

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 5:09 Quote
@rowlands in here dropping knowledge!

Everyone should just be stoked we have an awesome park to ride in. Realistically, its not us passholders that are blues big money makers. Lets keep that in mind. Its the family that comes up for 1 weekend, stays in the hotel, eats in the restaurants , decides to try biking with their kids, all pay for rentals, lift tickets and lessons. This is what keeps the machine moving.

Personally, I'm pumped we spend as little as we do to ride lift access park for an many days as we get to! Cheers to BMBP Beer

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 5:20 Quote
You're getting fleeced hard if you're spending 300 on just a set of tires.

And 300 for a whole season of biking is fine, no complaints about the price. My biggest gripe is that there are other resorts have much more quality bike parks offered for a similar price.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 5:36 Quote
turco999 wrote:
You're getting fleeced hard if you're spending 300 on just a set of tires.

And 300 for a whole season of biking is fine, no complaints about the price. My biggest gripe is that there are other resorts have much more quality bike parks offered for a similar price.

This. And most of the other bike parks don't have the weather limiting factor. Its out of the control of the park, but it is what it is. I can only ride Blue on the weekends; a few seasons ago every single weekend later in the season was fouled by weather (unless I wanted to drive 1.5 hours to ride one open trail). And why'd the bring a friend pass change to only be allowed for use on a week day? These and other reasons are why I haven't purchased a pass over the last couple years. If I could ride during the week up there, I'd definitely get another, but at this point I'd rather spend weekends checking out other locations.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
Blue is cheap for a pass - end of story.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
turco999 wrote:
You're getting fleeced hard if you're spending 300 on just a set of tires.

And 300 for a whole season of biking is fine, no complaints about the price. My biggest gripe is that there are other resorts have much more quality bike parks offered for a similar price.

This. And most of the other bike parks don't have the weather limiting factor. Its out of the control of the park, but it is what it is. I can only ride Blue on the weekends; a few seasons ago every single weekend later in the season was fouled by weather (unless I wanted to drive 1.5 hours to ride one open trail). And why'd the bring a friend pass change to only be allowed for use on a week day? These and other reasons are why I haven't purchased a pass over the last couple years. If I could ride during the week up there, I'd definitely get another, but at this point I'd rather spend weekends checking out other locations.

Sounds like you’re complaining about your own personal scheduling problems. Not blue mountains issue you can’t ride more.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
*blows dust off pinkbike dashboard*

I had no idea this thread was still alive!

Got a little catching up to do.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
Appears as though day passes have gone up too. And since when was pricing different for Mon-Fri vs weekends/holidays? Looking like $64 on weekends and $54 during the week. So on weekends, when most are able to get up there, with tax, $72. Add to that, usually limited runs open due to weather/conditions/events. Doesn't really seem worth it.

But that also makes the $299 bike show season pass special seem like a great deal. 5 days and it's payed for.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 8:25 Quote
hipposauce wrote:
Canadmos wrote:
turco999 wrote:
You're getting fleeced hard if you're spending 300 on just a set of tires.

And 300 for a whole season of biking is fine, no complaints about the price. My biggest gripe is that there are other resorts have much more quality bike parks offered for a similar price.

This. And most of the other bike parks don't have the weather limiting factor. Its out of the control of the park, but it is what it is. I can only ride Blue on the weekends; a few seasons ago every single weekend later in the season was fouled by weather (unless I wanted to drive 1.5 hours to ride one open trail). And why'd the bring a friend pass change to only be allowed for use on a week day? These and other reasons are why I haven't purchased a pass over the last couple years. If I could ride during the week up there, I'd definitely get another, but at this point I'd rather spend weekends checking out other locations.

Sounds like you’re complaining about your own personal scheduling problems. Not blue mountains issue you can’t ride more.

I'm not complaining about it, it's just how it is. The price goes up but the perks become more restricted? What value does that add to the customer?

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
One of the weaker arguments when talking about the price of the pass is a comparison to other quote on quote "better" parks.

Personally, I've been fortunate to ride a lot of places, and blue has great trails, but even if you do not agree, its not like it changes the operating cost of the park. They still have a trail crew, they still have to turn a lift, still have insurance and marketing. Tu es Loco if you think that they're not pricing their passes in a way that makes them money (its still a business) and covers their operating costs, while still providing customer value (5 days of riding pays a pass).

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 9:32 Quote
Perhaps the price increase is required to cover the costs of operating Southern Comfort in 2020? lol


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007665
Mobile Version of Website