The Official "Blue Mountain 2019" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2019" Thread
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Seasons pass with nowhere to go?
Anybody want to take bets on what the status of the season will be?
Open normally.
Partial.
Write-Off.

I'm going with Partial, and really hoping not door #3.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
Right now I think the main objective of the country shutdown is to reduce spread during heavy flu season.

They need to make sure the hospitals don't get overwhelmed and then we get into a situation like Italy where they are leaving people in the hallway to die, because hospital staff and resources are stretched beyond capacity.

As soon as April rolls around and it warms up they will just let it run its course, more people will get covid19 but the hospitals will be past peak times and those (elderly and health compromised) will be able to go to the hospital without issues.

The majority of us I would say 50yo and under without underlying health problems would just be turned away from hospital anyways.

So by May 24 this will be mostly forgotten, and we can go riding.
Just my guess.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
Well, I'm 56 this year (August) so am a bit closer to the scary end of the curve.
I understand the flattening of the curve, especially as we don't have the ICU infrastructure that Italy does, and they are pretty much F'd at the moment.
Have also seen some things that indicate that this may be a three year event before it stabilizes in the population, with next year being the worst - basically following the same pattern as the Spanish Flu. One of the biggest questions now is about anti-bodies and mutation - will it be like the flu where the genetic drift is large enough that we are constantly susceptible or will we develop an immunity.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
Guessing it’ll be open as normal. It’ll be nearly June by then. If anything, there may be more trails open since I’m assuming the ski operations have now stopped making snow.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 14:12 Quote
Sars, Mers, Avian, Swine, West Nile, Zika....

Corona will be the next in the list of nearly forgotten.

Also just my guess, but my next best guess is zombie apocalypse.
I could use my DH armour to protect me.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
The virus itself will not hurt operations. The recession following this is the bigger threat to the summer season.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
hipposauce wrote:
PJD1 wrote:

56.95 fernie note season pass 269$
https://skifernie.com/purchase/mountain-biking/#eluid2e9820a7

39.95/ 56.95 kicking horse
https://kickinghorseresort.com/purchase/summer-lift-tickets/

Big white is legit 49$ for a day with 4488m of descent, highest trail at 2282m so 4×blue
http://www.bigwhite.com/summer/mountain-biking/tickets-passes

Also worth noting thease resorts probably see less foot traffic then blue that sends up 120$ gondalas every other gondala 12 hrs a day all summer.

Great so you can only show me one tiny bike park that just opened. Case proven, next?

26 trails and 43km of straight downhill isn't that small when comparing to blue that has less then half that. And no I dont consider upper and lower haole two seperate trails. And ya I showed you one park that met all criteria I stated, did I stutter? No, I said i can ride A mountain. Gave you A mountain. So realistiacally, I gave you what you were looking for one real mountain I can ride for 50 bucks

All im saying is theres better values out there and blue takes advantage of being the only place around thats it. Not saying it sucks, parks still fun, I'll still go, just not happy with how much they keep icreasing rates of everything every year snowboarding included. Bromonts sweet pass as mentioned above gets ski and bike for one price, we pay seperate. Kicking horse is 269$ were paying 30$ more for less mountain. Blue takes advantage of being right here with toronto near by and just milks it forgetting about the love of doing thease activities and making it unatanable for a lot of people. 100$ for a single day of skiing. Thats ridiculous.

First off big whites season is over 2 months shorter... second buy flights and get yourself out there to ride and try and tell anyone that’s a better deal, you live in Ontario get over it there is really only one option. Blue can charge what ever they want be thankful they even open after everything that has happened over the last few years, because I can tell you the bike park is a serious liability and is not something they are making big money off of..

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
potato wrote:
Sars, Mers, Avian, Swine, West Nile, Zika....

Corona will be the next in the list of nearly forgotten.

Also just my guess, but my next best guess is zombie apocalypse.
I could use my DH armour to protect me.

I hope you are right, but I think you are wrong.

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
Lift open to bikes only. There's probably less than 50 of us that bought a season's pass this year anyways

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 14:12 Quote
mattimo wrote:
Lift open to bikes only. There's probably less than 50 of us that bought a season's pass this year anyways

THaT would be epic!

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 17:25 Quote
mattimo wrote:
i saw a huge stack of receipts for season pass at the show

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
mattimo wrote:

"less than 50"

ahahahaha deadddd

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 20:57 Quote
IMAGINE getting on and off the lifts without old ladies slowing down the lines to ride DOWN the lift.....

mattimo wrote:

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 4:52 Quote
Maybe bring back the shuttle?

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
Grind laps only is what I heard... get some!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008800
Mobile Version of Website