The Official "Blue Mountain 2019" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2019" Thread
Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
anyone riding at horseshoe, long lines?

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 16:54 Quote
potato wrote:

Was there on Saturday, 30min lift lines for 2min runs. Ended up hike-a-biking up the hill a few times cause it was faster

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
johnpierro13 wrote:
potato wrote:

Was there on Saturday, 30min lift lines for 2min runs. Ended up hike-a-biking up the hill a few times cause it was faster

Thanks for info!

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
Gone to horseshoe a handful of times ice opening, lift lines can be a bit long, however they were not today. but the service road up is fairly quick.

Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 6:26 Quote
Horseshoe vid from June 7th 2020.
Drew Bezanson happened to be riding the hill that day, and I was lucky enough to follow him down a lap.
I'm riding a new commencal furious.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 6:59 Quote
Had a quick glimpse at the Blue Mountain Live Stream last night of the Canada Day virtual celebrations. Unfortunately got quickly side tracked from the true nature and meaning of the live stream celebrations because I found myself scrolling through some of the live comments that were coming from our DH Community - attacking and harassing Blue on the Bike Park closure during a live stream that has no connection to Bike Park. Pretty disgusted at the individuals openly endorsing and posting the “DH Lives Matter” comments - you should be ashamed of yourselves, you embarrass the sport and the entire community.

I get it, people are upset that the Bike Park is closed. There is a line and from what I am seeing it has been crossed. Voicing your Bike Park opinions in a responsible, non threatening, non offensive manner is one thing. If your intent is to inspire change, progression and proactive solutions for DH at Blue, then more power to you. However, all I keep seeing is social media attacks, harassment, cyber bullying, threats to Blue Mountain and now an embarrassment and discredit to our sport through a paraphrase of a world wide social justice movement.

I strongly urge anyone who is targeting the Blue Mountain with excessive negativity and social harassment to shut your mouth. You are only fuelling the fire, and giving Blue more reasoning and justification to disband the Bike Park program permanently.

Our DH community clearly have a voice and right now that voice is negative, embarrassing and disrespectful. Flip the script, be an ambassador for our sport, show respect and give the negativity a break, for good. The Bike Park is closed for 2020, move on, ride elsewhere, and use this time to communicate your new ideas and opinions on future seasons of riding directly to Blue in a responsible manner when the opportunity presents.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 7:09 Quote
its a fine line of decency when you are protesting something.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
bigfrostnasty wrote:
Had a quick glimpse at the Blue Mountain Live Stream last night of the Canada Day virtual celebrations. Unfortunately got quickly side tracked from the true nature and meaning of the live stream celebrations because I found myself scrolling through some of the live comments that were coming from our DH Community - attacking and harassing Blue on the Bike Park closure during a live stream that has no connection to Bike Park. Pretty disgusted at the individuals openly endorsing and posting the “DH Lives Matter” comments - you should be ashamed of yourselves, you embarrass the sport and the entire community.

I get it, people are upset that the Bike Park is closed. There is a line and from what I am seeing it has been crossed. Voicing your Bike Park opinions in a responsible, non threatening, non offensive manner is one thing. If your intent is to inspire change, progression and proactive solutions for DH at Blue, then more power to you. However, all I keep seeing is social media attacks, harassment, cyber bullying, threats to Blue Mountain and now an embarrassment and discredit to our sport through a paraphrase of a world wide social justice movement.

I strongly urge anyone who is targeting the Blue Mountain with excessive negativity and social harassment to shut your mouth. You are only fuelling the fire, and giving Blue more reasoning and justification to disband the Bike Park program permanently.

Our DH community clearly have a voice and right now that voice is negative, embarrassing and disrespectful. Flip the script, be an ambassador for our sport, show respect and give the negativity a break, for good. The Bike Park is closed for 2020, move on, ride elsewhere, and use this time to communicate your new ideas and opinions on future seasons of riding directly to Blue in a responsible manner when the opportunity presents.
sick of all the posts against blue. i don't want them to screw it for the rest of us.i want to ride there again next year. if theres anything that would make them keep the bike park closed after this year its all the people pissing them off online.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
bigfrostnasty wrote:
Pretty disgusted at the individuals openly endorsing and posting the “DH Lives Matter” comments - you should be ashamed of yourselves, you embarrass the sport and the entire community.
Yuck that's just sad. I love my bike...but come on, its a sport, not your whole life, stop acting like petty 13 year olds. There are so many great places to ride outside the bike park, but maybe some people are just allergic to earning their turns.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if some higher-ups saw all this crap and turned against the bike park and close it indefinitely.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
Well said Bigfrostnasty.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
bigfrostnasty wrote:
“DH Lives Matter” comments

Holy shit seriously? Damn that is ignorant and completely embarrassing for the community.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
I can't believe people are still doing this a couple months after the announcement. I agree with everything said above, negativity is just going to make things worse. If your whole life revolves around DH mtb there are several other provinces around Canada with great riding that you can always move to if you feel Ontario is not sufficient for you.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
That's f*cking horrible - trash with a keyboard. Have some respect and go ride somewhere else. It's a bike park FFS.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 17:51 Quote
Ya what the hell. Instead of trolling some live feed of blue they could have been riding.

I been riding horshoe alot and I like it but I miss the vertical and the trails I have come to know as my hometown DH park.

Hopefully they re open 2021.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007211
Mobile Version of Website