The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 4:27 Quote
I am sure blue ignores the trolls.

Thepureface wrote:
I been riding horshoe alot and I like it

How are the lines on weekends? Still bad?

Anyone try Bromont yet?

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 4:41 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:

Thepureface wrote:

Anyone try Bromont yet?

I have gone twice now to Horseshoe, it was really fun, with the expectation of shorter runs.
But I went on Thursdays, even then the lines got pretty bad after lunch.

They said they were going to add carriers, but still have to do the cleaning routine so they can't add that many.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 8:27 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:

Thepureface wrote:

Anyone try Bromont yet?

I rode at Bromont bike park on Thursday June 25 and Friday June 26. I drove 7hrs from Waterloo.

On Thursday they were only running one lift. It was about a 17-18 min ride up the lift. There were no lines. 1 person to a lift unless it was an adult and child. After the park I checked out the city bike park behind the IGA which has lots and lots of dirt jumps, bmx race track, pump track, skills area, and some trails. I just walked through. I believe there is a small fee to ride.

On Friday they ran 2 lifts. The other lift was much faster and only took about 9 mins to get up. This lift allowed 2 adults if both were wearing masks - full face didn't count. Sometimes there was a 5 min wait for the faster lift and there was never really any line for the slower lift. Both lifts rise about the same distance and end at the same spot on the summit.

I was able to get 12 laps on Thursday and 15 on Friday. After the park Friday I also rode at Mont Oak which is less than 10 mins away. There are some good XC trails there and a couple fun jump lines. On Saturday I drove 35 mins south to Mont Sutton which is a ski resort in the winter, but doesn't run the lift in the summer. I found the climbs to not be worth it for the descents. It was $15 for a day pass.

I really enjoyed the trails at Bromont. They are fast and long. I'm going to make a couple more trips back this year.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
Whats the deal with changing provinces do you have to quarantine for 14 days?

Last time I went to horseshoe was fathers day it was the only time the lift line has been short.

I don’t have a trail bike so I don’t mind waiting for the line. Its better then riding uphill for me.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
Afaik theres no mandatory quarantine for travel between most provinces.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
brent-ontario wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:

Thepureface wrote:

Anyone try Bromont yet?

I rode at Bromont bike park on Thursday June 25 and Friday June 26. I drove 7hrs from Waterloo.

On Thursday they were only running one lift. It was about a 17-18 min ride up the lift. There were no lines. 1 person to a lift unless it was an adult and child. After the park I checked out the city bike park behind the IGA which has lots and lots of dirt jumps, bmx race track, pump track, skills area, and some trails. I just walked through. I believe there is a small fee to ride.

On Friday they ran 2 lifts. The other lift was much faster and only took about 9 mins to get up. This lift allowed 2 adults if both were wearing masks - full face didn't count. Sometimes there was a 5 min wait for the faster lift and there was never really any line for the slower lift. Both lifts rise about the same distance and end at the same spot on the summit.

I was able to get 12 laps on Thursday and 15 on Friday. After the park Friday I also rode at Mont Oak which is less than 10 mins away. There are some good XC trails there and a couple fun jump lines. On Saturday I drove 35 mins south to Mont Sutton which is a ski resort in the winter, but doesn't run the lift in the summer. I found the climbs to not be worth it for the descents. It was $15 for a day pass.

I really enjoyed the trails at Bromont. They are fast and long. I'm going to make a couple more trips back this year.

Sweet, thanks for the info Salute looks like it is worth the drive if you spend more than one day, I will try to go for a weekend this year. tup

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
The enduro trails are amazing at bromont if you are willing to pedal

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
Any recommendations for for lodging or camping in the area?

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 13:52 Quote
The KOA is pretty good, if it's open. Pretty cheap, but no privacy. You can ride to the local Mont Oak trails from the camp sites as well.

The Studiotel Bromont Motel is also great. 5 minute drive from the hill, big grassy area out back for frisby, hanging out etc and bike friendly owners. You can walk to the brew pub from it.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
gregnbishop wrote:
Any recommendations for for lodging or camping in the area?

Best bet for lodging with groups is airbnb/vrbo, sometimes even for solo trips. If not, there's hotels all around, at least one will have a decent rate.

My buddies have never had issues camping at the back of the parking lots. Lake side is usually a bit quieter, but the lift doesn't run Monday-Thursday. Theres a couple campgrounds ~10mins from the hill that offer power/water if needed.

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 3:43 Quote
Beware if planing a bromont trip soon
HUGE lineups. Still charging you $65 per rider
One rider per lift after they spray down each bike every trip up the lift. Open 11-6 not sure why not 9am? We rode non stop all day and got 6 laps. Less than 1 per hour
Headed home a day early

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
Not knowing what's going to be happening with the pandemic aside, has anyone heard anything about Blue's plans going forward for the park? I heard from a local that they were going to be shutting things down for good. Anyone heard any truth to that rumour??

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
Jphilp wrote:
Not knowing what's going to be happening with the pandemic aside, has anyone heard anything about Blue's plans going forward for the park? I heard from a local that they were going to be shutting things down for good. Anyone heard any truth to that rumour??

I wouldn’t trust anything until there is an official statement. Rumours floating both sides.

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 15:45 Quote
That would suck, was hoping to starting going for day trips to Blue in 2021, but i wouldn't be suprised one bit of they shut it down.

Fingers crossed now that more people then ever are looking to do outdoor activities it reopens.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012539
Mobile Version of Website