The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Dotprod wrote:
todayisthegreatest wrote:
one thing for sure is they were afraid of what the government did to the ski season happening if they spent the time and money to get the bike park ready. something i heard was it was harder to keep the bikers only riding up the gondola with people in their household.
would have been nice if they said they might open later in the summer rather than cancelling the whole season on april 27th though

This would have been hard, because I lied about who I lived with when it came to renting golf carts. MAYBE, they should open the lift in the orchard where a bunch of the trails exist anyway? Let the silver w,e be for the old ladies who want to view the escarpment, and let the riders have their own lift.

Every discussion will always find a way to circle back to opening the other lift Dead Horse

BTW I agree with your proposal 100%, I just wanted an excuse to use that emoji

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
To be fair, I'd be totally okay with them letting us bike up an access road if it meant I got to ride.

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
Ryan2949 wrote:
To be fair, I'd be totally okay with them letting us bike up an access road if it meant I got to ride.
this. though there is the grind

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 16:41 Quote
Ryan2949 wrote:
Enduro lives

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 17:29 Quote
Ryan2949 wrote:
Even better if they make the groove (green trail) one way uphill like they run in some of the enduros. Riders who need a green trail are probably unlikely to pedal up blue MOUNTAIN so it would probably be unused in a pedal up scenario anyhow.

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
MTB Ebike sales in Ontario would definitely rise!

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Haha thats for damn sure! Book

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 17:05 Quote
Could always go up Scenic Caves Road for the smooth option. It can be pretty rough on a road bike, not sure if the gearing of a MTB would overcome the weight penalty?

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 8:24 Quote
SectionThirtyOne wrote:
Could always go up Scenic Caves Road for the smooth option. It can be pretty rough on a road bike, not sure if the gearing of a MTB would overcome the weight penalty?

I'd rather go up a shaded trail. Nothing like getting beat down on pavement by the sun, while idiots from the city fly by at mach 20.

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
One good thing about Blue, is that you can shuttle it if you want to! Big Grin

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
SectionThirtyOne wrote:

I'd rather go up a shaded trail. Nothing like getting beat down on pavement by the sun, while idiots from the city fly by at mach 20.

Or people shuttling. But hey. Same same.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
Or people shuttling. But hey. Same same.[/Quote]

I forgot roads weren't for driving Razz

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:

I forgot roads weren't for driving Razz [/Quote]

Not what I said. Just agreeing that you can find some challenges using that road. It’s no secret cyclists get worked by vehicles.

Everything has a purpose. Like hiking trails are fit hiking. Biking trails are for biking. Ye digg?

I heard the park isn’t opening due to the illegal trails built on the property. Too many legal issues in a province full of red tape.
Hope that’s not the case. Would be a bummer.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 12:35 Quote
Smeasures wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:

Not what I said. Just agreeing that you can find some challenges using that road. It’s no secret cyclists get worked by vehicles.

Everything has a purpose. Like hiking trails are fit hiking. Biking trails are for biking. Ye digg?

I heard the park isn’t opening due to the illegal trails built on the property. Too many legal issues in a province full of red tape.
Hope that’s not the case. Would be a bummer.[/Quote]

Illegal trails? At BM? Seriously? What trail's are these? I doubt that to be the case though. I know of 1 'secret section' on the hill, and it's short rake and ride about 20 seconds long.. Bad excuse on their part if so. But if there are more, I wish I knew about them when I was riding there! But I don't know how they could know about said "trails" but rider's don't know about them? Kinda odd to me.. As someone previously stated, they're looking for bike park staff for this season. Big Grin I personally couldn't care less as I will never pay to ride BM again Razz . But I do hope they open for all those that do want to ride there. Cheers, shred on man! Big Grin \m/

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
Smeasures wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:

Hope that’s not the case. Would be a bummer.

Illegal trails? At BM? Seriously? What trail's are these? I doubt that to be the case though. I know of 1 'secret section' on the hill, and it's short rake and ride about 20 seconds long.. Bad excuse on their part if so. But if there are more, I wish I knew about them when I was riding there! But I don't know how they could know about said "trails" but rider's don't know about them? Kinda odd to me.. As someone previously stated, they're looking for bike park staff for this season. Big Grin I personally couldn't care less as I will never pay to ride BM again Razz . But I do hope they open for all those that do want to ride there. Cheers, shred on man! Big Grin \m/ [/Quote]

Yeah. Something in the north? PC trail?
Guy on the chair today was telling me. I also asked about that job posting if it’s a sign of things to come and he said it’s not a legitimate posting? I dunno. * sigh *

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007649
Mobile Version of Website