The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 4:26 Quote
Dotprod wrote:
Im not talking trip, im talking a whole move. Ill be able ot work from there and everything. My only thing to figure out is how bad do I want my car with me, which will be very likely and am I willing to pay 2k to ship my car thats only worth.... about 2k lol Im thinking of flying into Van or driving across country and seeing all of Canada, im 32 and never been west of Ontario.

Well if your downhill riding has been mostly Blue, its actually a good base of skills, however when I first rode western downhill trails I could not believe how long they are, your skills improve much quicker and your muscle mass grows fast. If you have never been west of Ontario once you get into the Rockies you will be in shock....Drool

Have fun and don't feed the bears!

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:
Dotprod wrote:
Im not talking trip, im talking a whole move. Ill be able ot work from there and everything. My only thing to figure out is how bad do I want my car with me, which will be very likely and am I willing to pay 2k to ship my car thats only worth.... about 2k lol Im thinking of flying into Van or driving across country and seeing all of Canada, im 32 and never been west of Ontario.

Well if your downhill riding has been mostly Blue, its actually a good base of skills, however when I first rode western downhill trails I could not believe how long they are, your skills improve much quicker and your muscle mass grows fast. If you have never been west of Ontario once you get into the Rockies you will be in shock....Drool

Have fun and don't feed the bears!
Yea, it's like nothing else. Last time I spent a couple weeks in Squamish, man, it was so sick. Enjoy dude!

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
someones trying to convince me about Kelowna, hella cheaper is the biggest upside.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 15:21 Quote
Dotprod wrote:
someones trying to convince me about Kelowna, hella cheaper is the biggest upside.

I guess you might need to go to a bigger center to find work, but I'd be looking at interiors towns in a perfect world.

Rossland, Fernie, Castlegar, Revelstoke, etc,

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
Headed to the island. Hidden gem. Lots of great riding. Mild temps in winter

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 16:09 Quote
Dotprod wrote:

lived in penticton for a while. kelowna's cool. definitely drive across man, drove there and back 100% worth driving even if the car blows up.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
Best of luck to everyone in their travels, have a blast! I hope to see ya's on the trails! Big Grin \m/

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
Ikon passes emails going out, still nothing about bike park passes eh?

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
I just read on there website

We understand that you’ve been waiting for an update on the status of Bike Park operations for 2021.

After a lot of review and deliberation, Blue Mountain has elected to discontinue lift access biking as of this spring.

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
Man.....this really sucks
What a sad day for lift accessed riding in Ontario.

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
Stuck between being appreciative for the last 18 or so years and frustrated on the couple thousand in upgrades to a now worthless bike.

Might have to make my way to Horseshoe.

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
Well hopefully Horseshoe will still run.

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 9:21 Quote
Ont26Rider wrote:
Well hopefully Horseshoe will still run.

I will miss Blue but I hear Horseshoe is expanding their park....

Posted: Mar 16, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
That's to bad to hear. There is at least horseshoe but it just doesn't have the same quality of terrain. Blue didn't have much vertical height but it did have some good trails with technical sections.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007773
Mobile Version of Website