Beginner freeride question (glory or demo)

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Beginner freeride question (glory or demo)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
Is a demo 7 a good freeride bike or a giant glory? If anyone can help me that would be great. Also im 5'4" tall and im guessing a small would be the trick. Can anyone doublecheck that?

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 18:50 Quote
The Demo 7 is a Freeride bike. The Glory is DH race bike. Neither are a beginner bike though.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 18:53 Quote
if your a beginner get something like a banshee morphine or norco bigfoot. just any strong hardtail, but definatly not a demo or glory.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 19:14 Quote
I would have to agree with the other two posts. Neither bike is a good beginner bike, go with a tough hard tale. Or if you really wanted to get a full suspension then get a small travel suspension bike. Examples, Cove Hooker, Jamis Parkers. Something small like that, even a Kona Bass.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 22:13 Quote
What about a scott voltage fr? Look kind of nifty.

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 22:34 Quote
from your queston, it sounds like either of these will be a bit much bike for you. no doubt you want a good quality bike, i would go with the demo.

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 22:36 Quote
how much do you weigh?

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 14:03 Quote
about a buck thirty and 5 foot 4 inches. Just looking for something to start off but i rode bmx for a few years so i really dont want to go to a hardtail. my DB is full suspension but the stuff i want to do the bike cant. So im looking around. the voltage keeps on popping up and the gambler looks sweet. Sx trail has also been on my list of bikes to research. Thats all im doing on my freetime,research.

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 14:06 Quote
Voltage sounds good, or a big hit, also check out YT Industries, they were recommended to me and I fell in love with the Noton

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 19:14 Quote
darkmtb84 wrote:
about a buck thirty and 5 foot 4 inches. Just looking for something to start off but i rode bmx for a few years so i really dont want to go to a hardtail. my DB is full suspension but the stuff i want to do the bike cant. So im looking around. the voltage keeps on popping up and the gambler looks sweet. Sx trail has also been on my list of bikes to research. Thats all im doing on my freetime,research.
you're a lightweight! short travel freeride bike will suit you well! Transition Bottlerocket, Banshee Wildcard

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 20:21 Quote
Thanks for reminding me about my weight!lol . Yeah i saw that wildcard, sweet bike. Like i said im not pro so i dont need anything to extreme but something that will take abuse and still be fun. Well thanks guys! any other info would be great too

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
bottlerocket is pretty damn bombproof

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
darkmtb84 wrote:
Thanks for reminding me about my weight!lol . Yeah i saw that wildcard, sweet bike. Like i said im not pro so i dont need anything to extreme but something that will take abuse and still be fun. Well thanks guys! any other info would be great too

Specialized is a pretty tough brand. I'm not to sure about Cove, (how tough they are, I have heard good things about them) but the Cove Hooker is a short travel full suspension

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 14:12 Quote
corsair konig or maelstrom.

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 19:39 Quote
Uhmmmm NEITHER!!!! those are possibly the worst choices for a freeride bike. Those are both dh bikes and definitely not for beginners.... seriously.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012324
Mobile Version of Website