Official Squamish Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Squamish Thread
Posted: Mar 8, 2016 at 21:59 Quote
Does anyone run any shuttles in Squamish. A few of us from England at planning a holiday to the west coast and plan to explore Squamish.

Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 11:16 Quote
William001 wrote:
Does anyone run any shuttles in Squamish. A few of us from England at planning a holiday to the west coast and plan to explore Squamish.

http://www.seatoskyadventurecompany.com/shuttle-service.html is one option or rent a pick-up.

Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 17:14 Quote
Yes rent a pickup guys ..that way you get to where you want to be. .much better than a shuttle.

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 22:50 Quote
I'm planning on checking out squamish later in the summer. Is a 140mm travel fs bike like a Turner sultan enough bike or is a 160mm bike a better fit. Also how bad is the ride back to the top of the trails?

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 7:56 Quote
Ride back to the top is awesome. and super chill. I ride a hardtail in squamish pretty much everywhere and it's fine! So any bike will be good to ride!

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 18:02 Quote
Does anyone know if there is still snow on the upper trails, ie cakewalk?

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 12:44 Quote
I am coming to squamish May 6-9. I was wondering if there are any group rides going on that weekend or anyone that would like to show me some sweet single track. I like blue to single black technical descents also some flowy trails. I am horrible on jumps so no jump trails for me. Thanks in advance!!!!

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 9:57 Quote
Can you shuttle full nelson??

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 11:46 Quote
tvan5 wrote:
Can you shuttle full nelson??
not recommended.. you can shuttle cakewalk then push up the road to full nelson

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 7:00 Quote
I am planning a bike trip with my girlfriend later this summer, around the second week of august. We'll be flying in from Quebec and rent a car. is there enought in squamish to spend 4-5 days in there?

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 8:01 Quote
bikeavard wrote:
I am planning a bike trip with my girlfriend later this summer, around the second week of august. We'll be flying in from Quebec and rent a car. is there enought in squamish to spend 4-5 days in there?

4-5 days in Squamish is still not enough time to see everything (especially if you include Brittania). But the caveat here is that it does depend a bit on the skill level of you and your lady. If you want to ride all the gnar, you will be kept busy for a week. If you and your girl want to see all the easy and intermediate stuff and dabble a little in the gnarly stuff you can do that in a few days. I'm sure there will be some trails you want to ride twice, so there's no way you're going to get bored in 5 days even if you aren't up for riding all the double blacks. If you want to check off all the single and double blacks in Squamish and Britannia, and hit all the best intermediate stuff as well, you're going to be pretty damn busy and still have to miss some stuff, unless you guys like putting in really big days.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 6:04 Quote
any recommendations on where to set up a tent for a night or two for free?

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 9:32 Quote
fujative wrote:
any recommendations on where to set up a tent for a night or two for free?

You got a pick-up? Or a truck that can go a little bit offroad?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005216
Mobile Version of Website