Official Squamish Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Squamish Thread
O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 20:33 Quote
Hey I will check them out. Thanks for the insight!

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 at 21:43 Quote
konafella wrote:
Also checkout Upper Mad Hatter to Mad Hatter to Ed's Bypass to Man Boobs to Bob Mac to Four Lakes down Alice Lake Rd to Wonderland for a looooooonnng xc dh ripper. Bit of a grunt getting up there but worth it.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 at 22:29 Quote
You guys are great - thanks!

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 11:37 Quote
Fred -> Tinder -> Your Mom is also a great loop that mixes some blue square single track with flow. As already said, Leave of Abscene and Rupert are must rides on the Alice Lake side, and Credit Line is super fun as well.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 at 19:36 Quote
drdetail wrote:
konafella wrote:
Also checkout Upper Mad Hatter to Mad Hatter to Ed's Bypass to Man Boobs to Bob Mac to Four Lakes down Alice Lake Rd to Wonderland for a looooooonnng xc dh ripper. Bit of a grunt getting up there but worth it.

Was there for the weekend, and did this recommendation in the sunshine. Was super fun!

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 at 20:21 Quote
Thanks to all for the trail recommendations. Meet some great people on the trails. Got a little too wet and soggy Saturday but still had a ton of fun. We will be back another time!

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 20:51 Quote
How do the Alice lake slab trails compare in difficulty? I know room with a view is fine for the level of trail that I’m looking into, (visitors) but how hard is entrails compared to other trails because you have to take entrails to get there. Of the lower trails which is easier? In/out or dirks ( with wizard?)

I don’t get much time to check out Squamish but I also know Leave and Rupert are fine for them but they really want slabs. Where to take them? They’re okay with walking a bit.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 22:24 Quote
Sun2306 wrote:
How do the Alice lake slab trails compare in difficulty? I know room with a view is fine for the level of trail that I’m looking into, (visitors) but how hard is entrails compared to other trails because you have to take entrails to get there. Of the lower trails which is easier? In/out or dirks ( with wizard?)

I don’t get much time to check out Squamish but I also know Leave and Rupert are fine for them but they really want slabs. Where to take them? They’re okay with walking a bit.

Entrails to the branch off is harder than Room With a View, but it's really only 2 or 3 moves and they have ride-arounds. Dirks is the easiest of the black diamond slab trails, especially if you take the easy lines. Boney Elbows next as it's short slabs mostly with clean run-outs. Next I think In-n-Out is easier than Hueso (again, main lines) but visually it's intimidating due to the length, but Hueso has more technical stuff and it's a series of challenging slabs whereas In-n-Out is one big one.

If they can ride Rupert they will be OK on Entrails, I would go to Dirks after that since if they get spooked there's b-lines or you can walk down the moves they don't like.

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 10:22 Quote
Just moved to Squamish and am looking for some big shit! Hit the jumps at the bottom of Grin & Holler and looking to send some more stuff. Willing to put in some time digging for the scoop on some less-than-sanctioned stuff. What's out there?!

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
Gonna ride Diamondhead for the first time this Friday morning. Anybody suggest a route or which trails to hit for an beginner-intermediate-at-best? or if anybody wants to join that'd be cool.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 12:03 Quote
desmondhowl wrote:
Gonna ride Diamondhead for the first time this Friday morning. Anybody suggest a route or which trails to hit for an beginner-intermediate-at-best? or if anybody wants to join that'd be cool.

First time?
Half Nelson, Another Man's Gold, Fools Gold, Pseudo Tsuga.
If you have more time: Climb Trail to Meadow of the Grizzley.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 12:09 Quote
desmondhowl wrote:

Half Nelson to Pseudo Tseuga is the classic beginner/intermediate ride in the area. Park at bottom of Pseudo Tseuga and climb the bottom part of the climbing trail. You can either do the full climbing trail to Half Nelson or jump out onto the road for the second half of the climb (a bit quicker).

Full Nelson is similar to Half Nelson in difficulty (but is shorter and has bigger optional jumps). Lowdown would be an option too. Ditch Pig and Angry Midget are the next step up in difficulty.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 15:19 Quote
timvan wrote:
desmondhowl wrote:

First time?

Thanks dood. How much time should I alot if i want to go all the way up to Meadow of the Grizzley as well? That looks sick.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 15:19 Quote
DMal wrote:
desmondhowl wrote:

Half Nelson to Pseudo Tseuga is the classic beginner/intermediate ride in the area. Park at bottom of Pseudo Tseuga and climb the bottom part of the climbing trail. You can either do the full climbing trail to Half Nelson or jump out onto the road for the second half of the climb (a bit quicker).

Full Nelson is similar to Half Nelson in difficulty (but is shorter and has bigger optional jumps). Lowdown would be an option too. Ditch Pig and Angry Midget are the next step up in difficulty.

Thanks man. I'm stoked it looks awesome.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 16:05 Quote
desmondhowl wrote:
timvan wrote:
desmondhowl wrote:

First time?

Thanks dood. How much time should I alot if i want to go all the way up to Meadow of the Grizzley as well? That looks sick.

Meadow is decent climb, about 1,100m vert over 11km and it's singletrack (well built) with lots of switchbacks. I only did it once and it was on a hot/smokey day last August and took 90 minutes but I'm a mediocre climber at best. Fit people seem to do it in an hourish and racers/Strava KOM is around 30-40 minutes.

Half Nelson from the parking lot is about 30 minutes for me on a fast cool day or 40ish minutes if it's 35C and I'm hungover. Tack on at least 30-45 minutes for Meadow from the top of Half Nelson/Angry Midget.

I think your time is better spent hitting Half Nelson twice and Psuedo versus going to Meadow. Top of Meadow the terrain is steep which results in riders having to brake which erodes the trail. Half Nelson is a better grade and flows really well, same with Psuedo. It's faster and less energy to hop onto the Ring Creek FSR when climbing to HN rather than staying on the climb trail.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026615
Mobile Version of Website